"Champions of Norrath is a brand new franchise for Sony Online Entertainment, bringing our unique fantasy universe to PlayStation 2 gamers in an exciting, action packed role-playing game," said Don Vercelli, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "Not only does the game have a deep, single-player campaign, but it also includes a free online multiplayer component, allowing up to four friends to adventure together using their own internet connections."
With SOE's expertise in developing fantasy worlds, such as the online gaming phenomenon, EverQuest®, and Snowblind Studios' experience building high-quality action RPGs, Champions of Norrath sets new standards in the genre. Champions of Norrath features thousands of items, weapons and spells, unparalleled character customization, randomly generated dungeons that create a different and unique gameplay experience with each adventure, and a detailed 3D engine with multiple camera angles.
Champions of Norrath offers an online multiplayer component at no additional cost to players (Internet connection required for online multiplayer game modes, online connection fees are the responsibility of the user). Up to four players per game can adventure in Norrath over the Internet using the Network Adaptor for the PlayStation 2. Gamers will match up with fellow Norrathians from across North America through SOE's upcoming matchmaking service via modem or broadband connections. Alternately, players can also use the Multitap to play together on a single PlayStation 2.
About Champions of Norrath
Set several hundred years before the timeline of the current EverQuest PC game, Champions of Norrath allows gamers to adventure as one of five playable characters who must journey from the city of Faydwer into the wilds of Norrath to save the land from a gathering army of evil orcs and goblins. The game offers more than 100 hours of gameplay per character and unlimited battles, deadly missions and unmatched character customization.
The game also features:
- Engrossing fantasy storyline set several hundred years before the before the current EverQuest PC game -- players do not need to be familiar with EQ lore to enjoy the game
- Five playable characters (both male and female): Select from Barbarian Warrior, Dark Elf Shadow Knight, High Elf Cleric, Erudite Wizard, Wood Elf Ranger
- Thousands of items and magical artifacts to acquire
- Create unique magic items by combining magical items with weapons and armor
- Randomly generated dungeons and monsters mean a different experience every time you play
- Unmatched character customization with modifiable hair, skin, tattoos and facial hair, hundreds of armor variations and thousands of distinctive weapons, including swords, maces, axes, bows and more
- More than 50 levels with non-linear side quests
- Four player multiplayer on a single PlayStation 2 with a Multitap
- Superior online multiplayer options for up to 4 players via Network Adaptor (no additional subscription fees required (players must provide their own internet connection for online gameplay modes)
- Fully interactive 3D environments that push the PlayStation capabilities with stunning lighting and visual effects; capable of handling 30 to 40 characters on screen at once in spectacular battles
For more information, visit http://www.championsofnorrath.com.