Jetfighter 5 – Homeland Protector will pit the player against a mysterious organization bent on total annihilation of the American way of life, attacking with stolen North Korean air and ground forces. Players will Juke and jive their way through over 30 highly detailed and realistic combat missions, in an effort to discover the identity of the shadowy force invading America's south-western coast, while fighting tooth and nail to repel their attacks. A deep, engrossing plot will be unraveled as the player takes the reins of officially licensed Lockheed-Martin™ Jets, including the legendary F-16 Fighting Falcon ™, the lethal F-22 Raptor™, and the new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter ™, and makes use of military stalwarts such as the Maverick and Sidewinder missiles. The flyable aircraft will feature authentic sounds and modeling, providing a realistic feel to the action while still being accessible to the amateur fighter jockey. With breathtaking 3D environments using Criterion’s Renderware engine, hundreds of square miles of actual satellite mapped terrain will be used, including the southwestern coast of California and the deserts of Nevada. Fly in and around the Grand Canyon, the skyscrapers of Los Angeles, and the glitz of Las Vegas, battling the enemy forces at every step.
- Over 30 gut-wrenching, action packed missions keep you in the thick of the battle
- Vastly improved visual details and environments using Criterion’s Renderware™ technology, adding unprecedented model and area details
- Real, fully rendered satellite imaged environments from southwestern California to the Nevada desert
- Three flyable jets: The F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-22 Raptor, and new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter with authentic flight models and sounds.
- Realistic flight physics and air combat tendencies provide the ultimate challenge
- Unprecedented instant action game generator gives you highly customizable single mission challenges, and virtually unlimited game play options
- Rich multiplayer features allow up to four people to dogfight over a LAN connection, or online with Gamespy Arcade