The SWAT: Global Strike Team is made up of specially selected SWAT officers and ex-military personnel who have shown the ability to adapt to and overcome any situation they encounter.
You are Mathias Kincaid, a former member of the U.S. Army’s elite Delta Force turned SWAT: GST element leader. The elaborate storyline focuses on you and your two teammates: a veteran sniper and an expert technical specialist. After assuming control of Kincaid, your objective is to command your teammates through several diverse missions while maintaining the tactical upper hand over your opponent. This means using the environment, the latest gear, the latest cutting edge weaponry, the element of surprise, and anything else you can get your hands on to succeed. Using the full capabilities of your other two teammates is essential to mission success. In one mission, for example, you are given the task of eliminating a number of suicide bombers, which requires the use of the sniper to immobilize the suspects and the tech expert to diffuse the bomb.
Follow Kincaid and his team from basic training through 21 missions linked by a powerful storyline. Gamers can also team-up with a friend and battle through 10 multiplayer only co-op missions. If working together isn’t their specialty, they can choose the Deathmatch option and fight head-to-head.
Command your teammates by issuing orders using either the intuitive controller interface or the optional voice recognition system. This allows your team to move quickly and effectively, making even complex maneuvers easy to perform. The optional headset will take advantage of the expansion slot on the Xbox controller or the USB port on the PS2.
Missions and Gameplay
- Authentic SWAT experience - take part in raids, kicking in doors, providing VIP protection, using specialized weapons, recovering sensitive items and data, disarming bombs, rescuing hostages, and arresting the bad guys. Of course. if an enemy raises their weapon at the team then they have the right to remain silent… forever!
- Dynamic situations and enemy AI - Players are required to constantly assess the best course of action and think on their feet. When replaying levels, enemy positions, behavior and actions change when they see the SWAT team coming.
- Upgradeable weapons and cool SWAT technologies - Assault rifles, flash-bangs, gas masks, and night-vision headgear.
- Multiple modes of game play - Campaign, Co-op, Free-for-all, Team DeathMatch, and Time Attack.
- Built in Voice Recognition technology - Order commands within the game to your squad via a headset (not included). Xbox Communicator & PS2 USB headset enabled.
Graphics and Sound
- New Engine: A proprietary, cutting-edge gaming engine supports multiple features that make SWAT: GST one of the most visually impressive games ever.
- Photo-Realistic Film Filter (PFF): The SWAT: GST engine uses a specially developed technique called PFF to mimic the effect of light hitting photographic film, dramatically increasing the dynamic range of colors on screen. This gives SWAT: GST its distinctive true-to-life look.
- Iris Effect: The engine constantly samples the screen and, using the PFF system, adjusts the rendering exposure according to how intense the light is in the current environment. This mimics the way the human eye works as the player moves between light and dark areas which. As well as making the game look more realistic, it also plays an important strategic role as the team moves between light and dark areas.
- Immersive, stunning real-time soundtrack and sound effects supporting both Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround Sound (Xbox only).
Weapons and Devices
- Outfit your team with a wide range of specialized weapons, advanced intelligence technology, and deployables:
- Weapons include submachine guns, shotguns, silenced pistols, sniper rifles, and more.
- Intelligence technology includes night vision imaging systems, fiber optic cameras, satellite reconnaissance, and more.
- Handheld deployables include gas canisters, concussion grenades, flash bangs, and more.
More articles about SWAT: Global Strike Team