To Install: Uninstall or delete your old Pirates folder from your mods directory, then run the installer.
- All models have been optimized.
- All vehicles should now have much less lag, especially when galleons come in contact with each other.
- All boats should be a bit slower and cannon fire rate should also be a bit slower. The runabout has had it's physics reworked again to hopefully reduce camera "rubberbanding" from the captain's position.
- The damage and collision files have been re-written from scratch (no small task) everything should now properly damage everything else.
- Ships now take damage from land. Hopefully not much, just enough to make it interesting.
Note: Now if you beach a ship, you are still stuck, but if you continue "driving" into the land, you will slowly destroy it, thus allowing you to scuttle the ship, causing it to respawn.
- Splash damage now works better. You can now take out an enemy gun by hitting close to it.
- Conquest, Team death match, and Capture the flag now work on all maps, except Komodo Island, where CTF doesn't make sense.
- Added climbing nets to bow.
- Now has rear guns. Also, to make this work, the position order has been changed: there are now 5 positions on the ship, with #5 being the rear guns. There still are Swivel Cannons in the middle crowsnest, but they are separate from the ship so you actually have to climb the rigging to get to them. This effectively brings the number of positions on the ship to 7. More to come later!
Runabout: Added passenger positions. To get out of the water, just swim up to either side and hit your "vehicle enter" button.
- Now has invisible "climbing nets" on both sides so you can climb up out of the water. They take a bit of getting used to, but they work. They cover the entire flat area of both sides where the cannons are.
- Added rudder wheel and exposed captain position. You now have to be a real man...er, Pirate if you wanna take charge of this vessle.
- Blast radius cut in half. It's still 50 meters though, so it's still pretty lethal.
- Speed increased, hopefully enough to make them more interesting to game play.
Coastal Mortar: now does damage to other pirates and mortars.
Falconets and Swivel cannons: Now named properly. Falconets are on land, swivel cannons on the boats.
- damage tweaked.
- "Cutlass now has longer "reach".
- Musket and Pistol names now displayed properly upon killing an enemy.
- Note: this fix has caused some of the reload animations to be a bit wonky. On the Pistol, refer to the reload bar for timing. Also, auto reload takes you out of zoomed mode after every shot. This will all hopefully be fixed in the next version.
- Grenades now do very little damage to people or objects, but do a great job of flinging pirates into the air. Toss one into a gang of enemy pirates just to get their attention.
- Exp pacs now damage ships, guns, and gates. It takes about 8 or so to sink a galleon. Also note that they have to be placed very close to the center mast of the galleon to have any affect. This is due to the blast radius and where the engine calculates things from.
- Land mines have been removed.
Scurvy Cove Fortresses: No more shooting from under the stairs. Retextured to make it easier on the eyes.
Note: This and most other buildings are still just placeholders and will be reworked/replaced in the next version.
- Engineers now have three times the amount of repair points. Makes the ship battles a little more interesting.
Note:To repair, press 6 even though according to the icons it should be 5. I'm still looking into why this is happening.
- Many tweeks to icons, load graphics, etc. Most should still be considered placeholder art, especially on the class screen. Just wanted to get it all working for now. We'll be reworking everything for the next version. The same with most textures on buildings, etc.
- A few of the effects have been customized, mostly for the Galleons. LOD distance on cannon effects increased so you can see when far away ships are firing on you.
Note:smoke and fire still travel with cannon balls. This is because of the way the guns are set up and not easy to fix. Still working on it.
- scurvy_Cove has a few new additions. It's a little more defensive now, especially interesting for Capture the Flag.
- BFP_Blackbeards_Booty now has deeper water and 1 runabout on each side. We tried adding more, but with the map being so small, it ruined gameplay. There are no boats in Capture the Flag mode.
- Low_Tide: capture radiuses fixed so center point is now properly captureable. Collision mesh on wrecks fixed to match geometry, which doesn't really affect this map much, but is useful for fan maps such as "Shiver Me Timbers". Ticket ration also lowered a bit.
- BFP_Komodo_Island: new map. This map is by no means finished. It's mostly there to introduce a new unit, which I'll let you discover for yourselves:)
Lots of other small changes, tweeks, and a few surprises. See more details as I reveal them at www.bfpirates.com