To succeed gamers will need to tend to their expanding perimeter and plan activities depending on the environment and its resources as well as the actions of opponents. Perimeter takes place in a detailed science fiction universe and embraces an epic plot centered on the fate of a civilization that once abandoned Earth. The gamer participates in important events that happen along an extended timeline covering several centuries. Perimeter also features rich multiplayer opportunities including contests with opponents via a local network and the Internet.
The title does not copy current RTS products but instead offers a well-balanced combination of new terraforming principles and territorial wars with traditional strategy elements. The brand new game engine combined with the well conceived and original game design results in a top tier product. So in a few words Perimeter is the first RTS title that features real-time terraforming spiced up with territory wars and zonal control.
- Real-time terraforming influenced by the special units, explosions and natural geological processes. For the first time in strategy genre history the landscape is an active participant in combat, not just a static background.
- Territorial warfare. The gamer encircles terraformed and captured zones by static and impenetrable force cupolas that essentially change combat tactics as protecting perimeters of opposing parties annihilate.
- Combat units composed by the gamer are no longer integral during a mission. Owing to nanotechnologies they can be transformed right on the battlefield thus giving the player powerful tactical opportunities to adapt combat units to a particular situation.
- Energy obtained from terraformed surface is the main multi-purpose resource. The whole infrastructure controlled by the gamer makes up a united energy system. Thus even squads operating far from the clusters depend on their structure and energetic potential.
- Combat units are organized into squads. Thus the gamer does not need to control each unit and manages combat forces on the higher strategic level, giving orders to cluster groups.
- The gamer witnesses and participates in the life of Exodus civilization along an extended timeline. Perimeter takes place in a detailed science fiction universe and embraces an epic plot centered on the fate of Exodus civilization that once abandoned the dying Earth in search for a new world.
- Together with the Exodus the gamer will discover dangerous and mysterious Psychosphere worlds and link them to make the Great Chain. The split inside the Exodus will cause a clash inside the Exodus civilization and insanity will gradually reach the Exodus from inside.
- Original Perimeter soundtrack perfectly reflects the unforgettable atmosphere of the game universe.
More articles about Perimeter