Mankind's exploration of the stars has not been without incident. It has been fraught with dangers. Conflicts have ensued across a hundred sectors of space. New races have been discovered. Treaties of commerce signed - declarations of war enforced.
It is a universe of smugglers and businessmen, of bounty hunters and travellers, from countless worlds. All striving to make their mark on a universe in constant flux. It is a dangerous place, with threats both from within and beyond. After years of conflict, an uneasy peace has settled across the many worlds, as humans and aliens strive to live together in harmony.
A failed star ship theft brings you to the attention of the authorities, and the cold reality of a lengthy sentence on a penal world. En-route to hard labor, you are brought before a senior member of the Argon Federation's Security Force, an offer of redemption and freedom on the table. Seizing the opportunity, you set forth with your new life, hauling freight for TerraCorp.
Old ghosts however never rest, and before long your past catches up with you. The discovery of a new race and their destructive intentions brings adventure fraught with danger and intrigue. Revelations from your past begin to emerge and these must be faced as you discover your true identity. Decisions are to be made, struggling between your conscious and loyalties.
This is the galaxy in which you belong - A galaxy in turmoil. Your destiny and that of the universe is in your hands.
The Threat from EGOSOFT is available on Windows PC, priced at £34.99 (UK). For additional information visit the official X²: The Threat website at www.x2thethreat.com
- Graduated learning curve allows for immediate action.
- Absolute state of the art graphics engine utilising all the latest Direct X capabilities.
- Heart thumping storyline and missions.
- Large dynamic universe to interact with and explore.
- Thousands of objects including, stations, ships, a myriad of weapons, commodities to trade and different races with their own agendas and technologies.
- Build your own empire with all of these objects at your disposal as a trader, bounty hunter, pirate, miner or a cunning combination of them all.