"While maintaining the same proven formula that has made the Extreme-G brand a favorite of both the media and fans alike, XGRA has been expanded and enhanced to create an even more dynamic racing experience," said Ben Fischbach, Brand Director for Acclaim. "Featuring more high-speed action and futuristic firepower, XGRA is sure to attract new consumers to the brand and keep dedicated fans coming back for more."
XGRA: Extreme-G Racing Association includes:
- SiNN (Sports Interactive News Network) and the XGRA (Extreme Gravity Racing Association) create a futuristic motor sport unlike anything ever experienced;
- 8 different teams, all with unique histories, sponsors and rivalries;
- Variable missions and storylines that make each race part of a larger career;
- A game structure designed to emulate a true motor sport season with various classes and race types;
- Variety of different and completely modifiable vehicle types;
- Wide range of characters, each with skills and statistics that affect how they race;
- Rewards system that provides unlockable content, including new game modes and tracks, faster bikes and character-enhancing cybernetic implants;
- Environments that bring worlds to life, highlighted by variable weather systems and uniquely constructed tracks and buildings;
- Interactive HUD that provides all relevant information during the race, which can also be modified during gameplay;
- Destructible objects within the race tracks, including gas pipes, bridges and spectators can dramatically change the outcome of a race;
- New weapons system that allows the player to easily select and use weapons without fear of losing focus on the race.
XGRA: Extreme-G Racing Association is currently available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system at a suggested retail price of $29.99. The game will be available for the Microsoft XboxTM on September 16th and for the Nintendo GameCubeTM this October, each at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information on this game, please visit http://www.extremeg.com/.