The free expansion pack includes hundreds of new features, tweaks, and enhancements based on player feedback.
These features include:
- Rally points. Players can now set rally points to automatically send ships to different positions in the galaxy.
- A new integrated Encyclopedia. Players can now instantly access a built in technology tree navigator, information on ships, planets, stars, and ships, and other data via hyperlinks within the game.
- Updated graphics for stars, sector drawing, space anomalies, and more to enhance the visual appeal of the game.
- Enhanced Governors that allow players to obsolete older ship designs and more effectively manage a vast interstellar civilization including an explored star list, slider locking, and other UI enhancements.
- “Dungeon Master” mode (cheat keys) that let players tweak the game on the fly to create a more customized experience.
- A host of new technologies, random events, new anomalies, new ships, and more.
- Hundreds of new sectors in the largest galaxy size.
- And much more, check the complete list right here
Galactic Civilizations is published by Strategy First and is available at most retail outlets. It is also the first major retail PC game to allow users to purchase and download the game directly from the developer’s website. Buyers can opt to get a CD-ROM package or go purely electronically.
Stardock delivers software electronically via a content delivery and management technology called Stardock Central (www.sdcentral.net). It seamlessly handles version control, anti-piracy, and anti-cheating features regardless of whether the game is purchased directly or via a retail store. Stardock Central also includes SmartDownloading technology that allows users on a dial-up to begin being able to play Galactic Civilizations with only 20% of the total game downloaded.
Galactic Civilizations: Expanded Universe is designed to extend the game play lifetime of Galactic Civilizations. Players can download it at the Galactic Civilizations website.
More articles about Galactic Civilizations