- Intense Xbox Live multiplayer action. Gamers can battle real players throughout the world with Xbox Live, strategizing and communicating with up to 16 other players. A unique player-ranking system will allow gamers to select games with equal-caliber opponents, while Xbox Live helps ensure cheat-free playing fields. System Link functionality will also be available.
- Xbox enhancements and exclusives. Players will be treated to new, graphically enhanced missions from "Counter-Strike: Condition Zero," as well as new, exclusive content designed only for Xbox. Players can engage in the usual favorites, such as Bomb Defuse and Hostage Rescue, as well as play the new single-player component.
- Realistic counterterrorist experience. Players will experience a deep, involving counterterrorism world in which danger abounds. Players will lead an elite team through the jungles of Asia and the cold regions of Eastern Europe, and in the unbearable humidity of Colombia.
- Real-life weapons and gadgets. Players can choose from more than 25 real-life weapons: Shotguns, sniper rifles, pistols and other military artillery are available. New gadgets include a riot shield, blowtorch and fiber optic camera, bringing new strategic elements to the "Counter-Strike" world.
- Downloadable content. New content is planned for download on Xbox Live.