Developed by Acclaim Studios Austin, NBA JAM, the Granddaddy of all arcade-style basketball games, has sold more than 6 million units worldwide. This fall, NBA JAM returns with its trademark over-the-top, arcade-style 3-on-3 gameplay, "On Fire," "Big Head" mode and hot spots, as well as all-new rim-rocking moves specifically designed for the next-generation gaming systems.
"We're pleased to bring the NBA JAM brand to Xbox(tm) for the very first time, and hope that owners of the system will enjoy playing the latest installment of our basketball franchise," said David Knies, Director of Brand for Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. "Every aspect of NBA JAM is now bigger, better and more exciting than ever before, which is sure to bridge the gap between veterans and new fans of the brand."
NBA JAM includes:
- All of the popular NBA JAM trademark features, including over-the-top 3-on-3 gameplay, "On-Fire" and "Big Head" modes, no fouls, Hotspots, monster dunks and surprising hidden characters and teams;
- All 29 current NBA teams, players and arenas, plus many famous retired NBA arenas and outdoor playground courts;
- Over 70 of the NBA's greatest players from the past 50 years in the all-new Legends Tournament. Including Magic Johnson, Julius Irving, Larry Bird and many others;
- Journey through the NBA of the 1950s - 1990s with era-specific music, uniforms, hairstyles, commentary and moves;
- Over 700 new motion captured animations, including signature moves for current NBA All-Stars and Legends;
- Numerous game modes, including quick-play Exhibition, NBA JAM Tournament, and NBA Legends Tournament;
- All-new Create-A-Player which allows players to build their very own court warrior;
- Purchase upgraded attributes, apparel, cheat codes and other surprises in the all-new JAM Store;
- Commentary by Tim Kitzrow, the original "boomshakalaka" voice of NBA JAM;
- Up to four player multi-player option on Xbox(tm) and six player multi-player option on PlayStation®2;
- Three original tracks created by Grammy-winning recording legend Bootsy Collins, as well as his color commentary during Legends' Mode;
- Downloadable secret characters via Xbox Live.
NBA JAM will be available for Xbox and the PlayStation®2 on September 23rd, each at suggested retail prices of $49.99. For more information on NBA JAM please visit the official NBA Jam website.
More articles about NBA Jam 2004