Playable as a standalone game, Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends includes all of the characters from the original Dynasty Warriors 4, plus new elements, and new stages. DW4XL’s Xtreme Mode features a series of randomly generated short stages, or “skirmishes” and new game play that hasn’t been seen in any previous Dynasty Warriors title. The game’s Legends Mode focuses on the fabled exploits of the 42 warriors, and shows off each commander’s prowess in battle. Although each character has a unique scenario, Legends Mode will also include an officer editor and scenario editor. In the new “Arena” Challenge, players engage in a series of endurance style one-on-one duels and then are evaluated on their performance.
As a remix disc, DW4XL can power up the original Dynasty Warriors 4 with 4XL’s new features. Players can take characters powered-up in DW4XL and use them in DW4, discover new items, attain an 11th weapon level, and access “Beginner” and “Expert” difficulty levels.
- NEW! Xtreme Mode! See how long you can survive in a series of randomly generated, high-intensity skirmishes!
- NEW! Legends Mode! Live the fabled exploits of each of the Dynasty Warriors. Each warrior has a unique scenario torn from the pages of history. 42 unique
- NEW! Arena Challenge! Engage in a series of endurance style one-on-one duels!
- NEW! 11th weapon level and new items
- Officer & Bodyguard Editors plus officer and weapon reset functions!
- Access "Beginner" and "Expert" levels!
- DW4 save data is compatible with DW4XL!
- Remix DW4 with DW4XL using DW4XL's disc swap feature!
In development by KOEI's internal team, Omega Force, Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends is a PlayStation 2 exclusive, and ships to North American retailers on November 4, 2003 with a suggested retail of $29.99. Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends is a 1-2 Player game. Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends is rated "T" (Rating Pending) by the ESRB.