- More cities, including Hong Kong and Edinburgh, Scotland. Maintaining its international theme, the game allows players to travel the globe while racing in the some of the world's most dynamic cities. The final number of cities is still being determined, but gamers can expect there to be many more than in "Project Gotham Racing."
- More than 50 of the fastest, most desirable and stylish cars — all fully licensed and fully damageable — from top manufacturers. A wide range of high-performance vehicles, including models from top manufacturers such as Ferrari (the new Enzo Ferrari is slated to be in the game) and Porsche, will offer gamers an exciting driving experience.
- Online play. "Project Gotham Racing 2" will support Xbox Live, allowing gamers to challenge friends and others with online play and downloadable content (online play details to be disclosed at a later date).
- Multiplayer SystemLink also allows four players to race head-to-head in the same room.
- Kudos reward system. Gamers can experience more ways to earn Kudos, as well as a new rating system with a more accurate way to rank players rather than just by the number of Kudos they have earned.
- Beautiful game environments. The game's highly detailed, mapped-out levels allow players to drive in photorealistic city environments, demonstrating the superior graphics technology of Xbox.