- Lowered marine damage/armor upgrade costs from 30/40/50 to 20/30/40
- Increased grenade damage from 110 to 125
- Fixed problem where specs can be heard talking before game start in tourny mode
- Fixed problem where dead players could sometimes be heard
- Voice comm can no longer be heard for anyone during countdown (to allow safe demo recording)
- Fixed "Contacting www.natural-selection.org..." timeout problems when natural-selection.org is down
- Hide opposing team score in tournament mode so you can't see how many resources towers they have
- New collision code to lessens chances of players getting stuck in structures
- Fixed problem where hera holoroom double node couldn't be built properly
- Fixed bug where being webbed and then devoured pulls out your weapon while inside the Onos
- Each level of celerity now increases speed by 25, down from 35 (back to the 1.04 level)
- Electricity research time reduced from 60 to 30
- Electricity range increased from 90 to 120 (to prevent exploiting)
- Offense chamber health reduced from 1150 to 1000
- If an Onos redeems while digesting a player, the player is left behind
- Parasites and gorge spit can operate switches and buttons that take damage again
- Marine resource tower cost lowered from 20 to 15
- Healing spray is 16 (same as 2.0)
- Removed frame-rate dependence from leap and charge damage (Leap is 40 damage per second, Charge is 160 damage per second.)
- Increased hive cost from 35 to 40
- Reduced command station cost from 25 to 20
- Reduced command station build time from 20 to 15
- Umbra blocks 2 out of 3 bullets (down from 3 out of 4 in 2.0)
- Improved "lastinv" command so that your last weapno is preserved between gestations
- Shotgun clip and reserve reduced from 10/50 to 8/40
- Removed cloaking and uncloaking sounds via cloaking upgrade
- The cloaking upgrade now fades smoothly instead of becoming instantly invisible. The higher level of your cloaking upgrade, the faster you'll cloak.
- Aliens should be able to walk slowly cloaked via the cloaking upgrade.
- Each level of cloaking decreases time needed to cloak more.
- Sentries and offense chambers now do "light" damage. Light damage does half damage to heavy armor and Oni.
- Only allow resource towers and turret factories to be electrified (fix for exploit timing/selection exploit)
- Resupplying at armory can only go into reserve (addresses end-game grenade spam at marine start). It also now rounds up (so odd-sized clips like the HMG load intuitively)
- Made offense chambers less accurate against fast-moving targets (jetpackers)
- Fixed "super-hive" bug which allowed an invincible hive to be built
- Fixed alien resource exploit involving late-joining
- Fixed spawning exploit involving late-joining
- If you get disconnected while playing aliens, and you rejoin, your resources will be preserved
- Players can only become spectators from the ready room (fixes devour exploit)
- Building hives can now be healed
- Unbuilt marine structures can now be repaired with the welder
- Lowered armory cost from 20 to 15
- Electricity can now attack two targets at a time instead of one
- Lowered gorge armor from 75 to 50 (shouldn't affect gorge lifespan, as they usually have extra armor when they die)
- HMG cost reduced from 20 to 15 (marines should be able to attack at tier 2 without it being a make-or-break effort)
- Fixed bug where turrets could fire before they were built by recycling and building turret factories
- When you use a phase gate, it checks to see if there are any structures blocking the phase gate. If there are, it blocks the phase. It then checks to see if there are any players blocking the phase gate. If there are teammates that have phased within the last 2 seconds, it blocks the phase. If the phase succeeds, it kills any players that are on the phase gate. So teammates have a 2 second window to get off the phase gate; enemies are telefragged instantly. Structures however can still block a phase gate, though this will likely change in a future version.
- Removed frame-rate dependence when building structures (and fixed flashlight exploit when building structures)
- Fixed bilebomb exploit that could sometimes allow it to damage through walls
- Handicap can now be set in non-tourny mode. Message displays like active resource nodes message, every 20 seconds.
- Reduced siege cannon build time from 15 to 10
- Reduced siege upgrade time from 22 to 15
- Reduced heavy armor cost from 20 to 15
Games of 2014
Top Games of 2013
'Natural Selection 2.0' - Server Update Patch
by Rainier on Sept. 19, 2003 @ 10:48 a.m. PDT
NS 2.0 is a significant step forward in the process of merging first person shooters with real-time strategy into a combination of truly atmospheric and social gaming. Nearly every aspect of the game has been revisited and reworked from feedback from hundreds of the top NS veterans and thousands of games played on public and private servers around the globe. This is a server-only patch, that vastly improves balance and fixes many exploits, nNot required for clients. Read more for download links ...