Just Flight has an enviable reputation for producing the best in flight simulation software and many of their products achieve the ultimate accolade of an official licence from the RAF. Following on from the success of The Dam Busters (used by Channel 4 in a documentary about the Dam Busters) and RAF Tornado, Just Flight has teamed up with Aeroplane Heaven (the "Developer's Developer") to re-create the RAF's finest hour in a Battle of Britain expansion for Combat Flight Simulator 3.
The summer of 1940 marked Britain's darkest hour. France had fallen. Alone and apparently defenceless, we awaited the onslaught of the Luftwaffe blitzkrieg that would spell the end to the free world's resistance. However, Hitler and his generals hadn't reckoned with the skill and courage of the RAF and for a few desperate weeks Fighter Command held back the German air armada. The victory they earned was truly our finest hour. Now it's time to scramble once again and get airborne in CFS3 – Tally Ho!
Includes 40 authentic missions (20 RAF and 20 Luftwaffe) that re-create events on noteworthy days throughout the battle, even down to the correct weather and time. There are scenery improvements to the locations used in the missions and a full suite of special effects is included, featuring searchlights, audible air raid sirens which trigger when you approach a target, bomb flares, smoke effects, realistic tracer fire, AI aircraft involvement and more!
Phenomenally well detailed aircraft with interactive cockpits and state-of-the art animation. Highly accurate and detailed models of 11 flyable aircraft:
- Hawker Hurricane Mk1 (Two bladed wooden prop)
- Hawker Hurricane Mk1 (Three bladed prop) 2 x liveries
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk1A 3 x liveries
- Messerschmitt Me 109E4 2 x liveries
- Junkers Ju 87B Stuka
- Heinkel He 111 2 x liveries
- All the aircraft feature highly detailed and immersive cockpits and animated surfaces and features
- Authentic markings
- Authentic sounds
- 20 Royal Air Force missions
- 20 Luftwaffe missions
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) aircraft are featured in the missions
- The missions are set in chronological order. Each is taken from a particularly memorable day during the Battle of Britain and is a replica of events for that day, even down to the weather and time.