In the game players are transported back to feudal Japan during the 1500’s where a fierce battle for supremacy wages across Japan. With the power of the Samurai decimated after years of clan conflict warlords turn to the Ninja to hold onto political power. As Kurenai, a female ninja, players will battle enemies in a quest to destroy the Black Lizard Clan and avenge her father’s death. Her weapon of choice is the Tetsugen, the revolutionary wire weapon. The functionality of the weapon is determined by the end attachments, length and strength of the wire. As a ninja, Kurenai has a vast range of techniques to escape her enemies including the ability to dislocate her joints in order to get out of tight spots and prisons, the traditional ninja art of disguise and the womanly art of seduction to seduce and distract. Numerous additional weapons including blowguns, smoke bombs and rockets explosives can also be used to destroy enemies. As the player develops their powers as a kunoichi (female ninja) their ability to control and manipulate assailants with various Ninjutsu powers will increase.
Japan in the1500's, the power of the samurai class is fading and the use of the Ninja has become necessary to hold any political power in this chaotic time. Kurenai a young girl who’s world is destroyed when she and her father are attacked by the deadly Black Lizard Clan, who captures her and brutally hangs her by a wire and left to die. Miraculously, she survives and is rescued and adopted into a clan where she obtains complete mastery of her unique weapon, the wire. Kurenai has pledged her undying loyalty to her new family. She now lives to avenge her father’s death and will go to any means necessary to destroy the Black Lizard Clan.
- Revolutionary wire weapon, the Tetsugen, where the functionality of the wire is determined by the end attachments and length & strength of wire which creates dynamic gameplay that combines action, adventure & stealth
- Beautiful, large environments and event driven storyline, written by Shinsuke Sato, a feature film writer/director from Japan
- Use Kurenai's self-dislocation ability in various escape efforts
- Escape enemies by using the traditional ninja art of disguise
- Use your womanly wiles to entice & distract your enemies
- Control and manipulate assailants with various Ninjutsu powers
- Choose how you will destroy your enemy by using numerous additional weapons like blowguns, smoke bombs and rocket explosives
Red Ninja: End of Honor will be available in Fall, 2004 on PlayStation 2 and Xbox for a suggested retail price of $49.99 with an expected ESRB “Mature” rating.
More articles about Red Ninja: End Of Honor