Pacific Theater Update
- New US Marine Skin
- New Engineer Rifles - M1 Garand/Type 5
- New Japanese APC - Type 1 "Ho-Ha"
- New Japanese Scout Car - Type 95 "Black Medal"
- Invasion of the Philippines
In this new conquest map for Battlefield 1942, naval warfare and infantry island invasions take center stage in a raging firefight for the Philippines Islands. The shallow water between the islands act as a barrier to the invading Japanese Destroyer, but is no problem for the fast patrol craft used by either side. In some cases, islands are so close together that infantry can wade between them.
The Invasion of the Philippines map introduces two new vehicles: the Elco 80 PT Boat for the US Marines and the Type 38 coastal craft for the Japanese. These fast patrol craft are the most heavily armed for their size in either navy packing torpedoes, machineguns and sea mines into one pint-sized warcraft. With their size, speed and manueverability they bring naval warfare into knife-fighting range. From fast naval action to beach invasions to fierce jungle combat, Invasion of the Philippines brings a new intensity to the battlefield.
Impact on MODS
Following is a list of changes which might impact mods currently in development:
- New Animation State - ClipEject. Allows proper reload animation for M1 Garand (which cannot be reloaded until it's empty).
- New Projectile Material - Both M1 Garand and Type 5 rifle use a new material in the damage system.
- New Army Skin - US Pacific Theater Army changed to US Marine.
- New Armour Material - PT Boats and dinghys.
More articles about Battlefield 1942