In this version of the best-selling golf franchise for the personal computer, which includes Links 2003® and Links® 2003 Championship Courses, golfers and gamers can play on any of 26 world-class courses or against tour pros Mike Weir, Sergio Garcia, Jesper Parnevik, David Toms and Annika Sorenstam. Featuring the revolutionary Real Time Swing option, a new 3D Green Analyzer and Putting Assistant as well as the most advanced online capabilities, Links® 2003 Championship Edition is the most stunningly detailed and authentic golf experience for the PC. It will be available for an estimated street price of $29.99.
Links 2003 Championship Edition is the most complete Links golf experience ever offered in one box. It features:
- The most detailed golf environments possible – Links 2003 Championship Edition features a powerful graphics engine producing photorealistic graphics. Grass, sand, water and other textures are rendered in amazing detail.
- All-new championship courses from around the world – Links 2003 Championship Edition features 26 courses – six championship courses including Oakmont Country Club and Westfields Golf Club and 20 classic courses including: Cabo del Sol (Mexico), Kauri Cliffs (New Zealand), Gleneagles (Scotland), Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail – Cambrian Ridge (U.S.), and Skeleton Coast, a fictional course set along the African coastline.
- More realistic control over every shot – New Real-Time Swing lets the mouse become the club, with ball physics factoring in speed, tempo, direction and course conditions in real-time so each shot more closely simulates an actual golf shot. PC golfers are able to choose from several swing methods in “Links 2003” including the “classic” feel of Links click-swinging and the sweeping motion of PowerStroke.
- Players manage their own professional careers – This single-player game mode allows players to compete against improved AI opponents in tour format. Players can choose an existing tour or create their own – then earn their tour card and challenge for the championship in every event on their way to becoming #1 in the world.
- Player models come alive in stunning 3-D – All-new highly detailed 3-D golfers come alive with motion-captured moves detailing their swing types and personalities. Play as or against Sergio Garcia, Jesper Parnevik, David Toms and Annika Sorenstam or create your own golfer.
- Challenge family and friends online, anytime – Links 2003 Championship Edition will enable gamers to start their own online tournament or match with friends or family at anytime. The all-new Links® Match Maker enables players to join matches with other online players at anytime. In addition, players can create their own custom tournaments and run the tournament through email using the new Email Tourney feature.
For more information on Links 2003 Championship Edition, go to the official Links 2003 website