Vrenna is recognized as one of the top producer/composers in the music business, having worked with a “who’s who” of artists such as U2, P.O.D., Weezer, David Bowie, Xzibit, Nelly Furtado and Rob Zombie. Vrenna is also known as one of the founding members of Nine Inch Nails and for his current band, tweaker, which will be releasing its second album, “2 a.m. Wake-Up Call,” early next year.
“Vrenna’s ability to create distinctive and powerful music will add a unique dimension and energy to Area 51,” said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.
Featuring online play for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox™ Live, Area 51 is set in the U.S. government’s most top-secret and secure facility located in the Nevada desert. Players take on the role of Lt. Nick Cross, a hazardous biological waste specialist sent to investigate. During his investigation, Lt. Cross stumbles across alien creatures and a virus that threatens his very humanity. To save the earth and himself, Lt. Cross must fight to solve the enigma of Area 51.
“After seeing how dynamic the game was going to be, I was honored to be asked to compose the score. It seemed like a great opportunity to produce music as unique as the game itself,” said Vrenna.
Stan Winston, renowned creature designer, also contributed to Area 51’s intrigue by creating artwork of some of the most disturbing alien characters and mutations ever featured in a videogame. For more than 30 years Winston has developed characters, creatures and monsters for motion pictures and television.
Area 51 Key Features:
- Extensive Single-Player Campaign – Battle through corridors of Area 51 and attempt to discover the secrets of an extraterrestrial menace before it is too late.
- Story-Driven Epic Adventure – Engage in an epic adventure through eight massive sections of a secretive complex.
- Fearsome Weaponry – Equip yourself with more than 15 types of human and alien weapons and other equipment as you explore dark corridors of the secret base.
- Alien Menace – Battle fierce, horrific creatures designed by Stan Winston Studios, famed creature designer for such films as “Aliens”, “Jurassic Park” and “Predator”.
- Government Conspiracies – Explore and discover a multitude of secret items and areas, including the real answers behind such conspiracy theories.
- Multiplayer Combat – Compete against your friends via a four-player split screen and system link through numerous multiplayer game modes including Death Match.
- Online Combat – Battle online with your PlayStation 2 or via Xbox Live where you can easily access the many systems allowing you to find your friends and set up your own matches.