"Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers possesses the technology, graphics and gameplay to appeal to a broad global market, and BattleBorne has achieved a fine balance between creating a highly-engaging gaming experience and paying homage to the brave soldiers who served during this epic campaign," said Rod Cousens, Chief Executive Officer of Acclaim. "With its unique approach to the genre and detailed authenticity, Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers could very well teach an entirely new generation about the significance of these battles in a way that they can easily relate to."
"We are very pleased that Acclaim has shown such enthusiasm for Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers," added James Kosta, President of BattleBorne Entertainment, Inc. "With more than two years in development and the solid foundation of its underlying technology, Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers will put gamers on the front lines of the most well known battlefields of WWII."
Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers
World War II. June 6, 1944 - D-Day - The downfall of Nazi Germany's occupation of Europe begins with the Allied invasion of France. The campaign is supported by more than 17,000 U.S. and British paratroopers, dropped behind enemy lines prior to the assault on the beaches of Normandy. These brave troops pave the way for the Allies by attacking the German forces from inside occupied Europe, fighting their way through enemy territory to thwart the Nazi war machine from within. Their battles lead them through rolling hills, open plains, small farms and war-torn cities throughout France, Holland and Belgium.
Eventually some prove themselves worthy of the ultimate challenge: preventing German development of a weapon that could forever change the face of Europe; the atomic bomb. This dangerous mission takes them into the very heart of the Axis; The Fatherland.
Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers will include an array of features, including:
- More than 40 varied and immersive missions that recreate the toughest battles of WWII, including D-Day; Operation Market Garden and the bitter winter defense of Bastogne;
- Two-player, same screen co-operative gameplay;
- Rise through the ranks – begin as a Private and through battle experience earn promotions and that allow the customization of characters with new skills and abilities;
- Pick-up-and-play controls for ease of play;
- Incredible assortment of historically accurate weapons, equipment and devices;
- Built with the award-winning Snowblind Studios engine.
Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers will be available in June 2004 for the next-generation video game systems at suggested retail prices to be determined. The official Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers site (http://www.combatelitegame.com) will be launched in the coming weeks.
More articles about Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers