Silent Storm is a true 3D game combining turn-based tactical combat and role-playing set against the background of World War II. Gamers choose to play on the side of the Axis or Allied forces, select their squad, and customize their characters from over 40 elite mercenaries. Then, employing more than 75 authentic weapons from the time period, gamers embark on 24 non-linear missions that are revealed as play progresses.
Among the game's many unique features is its ability for players to realistically destroy everything they see -- for example, when part of a building's lower story is blown up, the upper stories collapse. In addition, players can create elite squadrons from 40 operatives spanning 30 nationalities, each with their own profession and skills.
Said Michael Bell, Encore's CEO, "Silent Storm is one of many eagerly awaited games debuting in 2004 that we are co-publishing with JoWooD Productions. Silent Storm is representative of the high quality and gamer appeal that consumers will see in titles published by Encore in the new year." Added Andreas Tobler, CEO of JoWooD Productions Software AG, "Silent Storm represents some of our best work to date. This game has been exceptionally well received in Europe, and we are eagerly anticipating similar success in North America."
Turn-based games taken to a whole new level
Silent Storm takes turn-based war gaming to a whole new level. As the only tactical strategy game set in World War II, the game offers some of the most impressive graphics and physics available on the market today.
In addition, gamers will enjoy these unique features:
- 24 non-linear day and night missions across both Axis and Allied campaigns
- More than 75 authentic WWII weapons ranging from commando daggers to hand-held rocket launchers including experimental and rare models
- Over 40 male and female mercenaries of various nationalities, each with unique personality, background, and abilities to customize squads
- Over 50 additional abilities, such as increasing resistance to pain and sharp- shooting enemies from a distance
- Random mission generator and multi-function 3D map/scenario/campaign editor that deliver unlimited gameplay
- Multiple paths and three difficulty levels to complete missions, using either brute force or stealth tactics
More articles about Silent Storm