“Nicely Crafted is interested in bringing strong strategy games to the PC market and so are we,” says Don McFatridge, President of Strategy First. “The future is online and Strategy First and Nicely Crafted plan to move there together.”
Time of Defiance is an online-only massively multiplayer real-time strategy game set across the huge landscape of the shattered world of Nespanona. Fight for conquest of the islands and mine their mineral wealth to expand your empire.
Every other empire you encounter is another human playing online and will remember the deals you didn't deliver on and the promises you broke. Treachery, propaganda and trade are just as important as your fighting strategy. Have you got what it takes to create an unstoppable empire in your quest to take control of Nespanona?
“Time of Defiance is an innovative MMO title and we can’t think of a better match for it in the North American market than Strategy First”, says Toby Simpson, managing director of Nicely Crafted. “With the online gaming arena growing in size and popularity aligning ourselves with a dynamic publisher such as Strategy First makes absolute sense”.
Time of Defiance is set to be released in April 2004.
- Each player is human, unpredictable and dangerous requiring all of your military, tactical and diplomatic skills.
- A world that is over 4,000 square kilometers of real distance
- Use a variety of vessels to conquer the continents, ranging from exploration vessels, tactical vessels, and support ships.
- Involving game play that can last up to 4 weeks.
- Active community of experienced players
- Offers 3 different levels of League play ranging from Easy-Medium-Hard
- Players from all over the world battle one another on one server
- Evolving game play with new features, vessels and enhancements added regularly
- Developing story line revealing the past, present and future of Nespanona
- 3 distinct races involved, the Cog Dominion, Shadoo Alliance and Nespan Collective. The Nespan have emerged recently on Nespanona and offer new and strange technology to the players
- Random features: Magnetic Storms, asteroid strikes, quantum disturbances will all affect your decisions during the game.
More articles about Time Of Defiance