The gear grinding action is more intense than ever in the newest version of this award winning series. Instinctive car handling combined with new championships, custom rallies, new single and multiplayer gaming modes, and unique car part testing deliver the perfect rally gaming experience.
Players can drive in over 20 vehicles constructed in exquisite detail with improved physics and handling, giving the player even more control. The Mitsubishi EVO 7, Subaru Impreza and Citroen Xsara, alongside classic cars, are just some of the vehicles players can take through the mud and rocks. An advanced visual engine creates dramatic replays in jaw-dropping detail.
Additional game features include:
- 48 tracks and 4 shakedown stages through 8 countries including the U.S., UK, Australia and Japan.
- Player can compete in a full rally season or specialize in a 4 or 2 wheel drive championship.
- New Expert Championship Mode demands the best performance from the most die-hard rally fan with its tough damage settings and ultra-competitive AI drivers.
- Car part testing helps the player acquire new technology increasing the chance of success.
- Stages and Rally modes allow the player to race against the clock or go multiplayer with split screen play with up to four players. Saved runs can be seen on the stage as a ghost car.
- Create a Custom Rally with favorite or themed stages that can be compiled, saved and played at any time.
- Players can compete for best stage times and upload their times online using Xbox Live.
Colin McRae Rally 04 will be published in the US for the Xbox in March and is set to deliver the total rally gaming experience. For all the latest screens and movies and to join petrol-heads on the game's forums, visit the website at www.codemasters.com/colinmcrae04