Natural Selection: Combat
- Natural Selection: Combat is a new fast and furious gameplay mode focusing on intense action. Combat games generally last less than ten minutes, and require very little knowledge to play.
- New maps - Six new Combat maps, made just for Combat. Enjoy a combat-simulation on "daimos", battle over rock and water on "core", or enjoy non-stop action on "faceoff".
- New upgrades - New Combat-specific upgrades like "resupply" and personal scanner sweep give you help when you need it.
- Gain experience - Get experience for killing the enemy, or for attacking their base. As you gain experience, you gain levels. Each new level lets you choose a new upgrade, weapon, or piece of equipment. Even after death, you retain these power-ups.
New NS gameplay
- New look - Over 150 new textures and new NS maps give the game a whole new look. Fight in the claustrophic halls of ns_ayumi, catching a glimpse of snow falling outside a catwalk, or take control of the awe-inspiring and incredible ns_agora.
- Catalyst-packs - New "catalyst-packs" allow Commander to speed rate of fire and movement of marines for a short duration.
- New lerk - New flight model for the "Lerk", allowing smooth and precise flapping and gliding (he also has his bite back!).
- New spectator interface - All-new spectator mode is easier to use and ideal for match commentators.
- New manual - The manual has been totally re-written to include a "quick start" guide, and detailed information on every weapon, ability and structure.
- Other features - New chat and font system, the ability for mappers to pre-place structures in maps, 'votemap' command, new scoreboard, new alien "focus" upgrade, and much more.
More articles about Natural Selection