With Ancient China as the backdrop, Romance of the Three Kingdoms®IX (RTKIX) chronicles the dramatic events of the 2nd and 3rd centuries when the once grand empire fell into civil war. While retaining many of the features that have become hallmarks of the Romance games, RTKIX is vastly different from previous games in the series. Most notable is that you immediately assume rank of a Ruler. Traditionally reserved as the highest rank in the series, the role of Ruler will test your leadership, management and strategy skills.
- The New Personality Dependent System affects an officer’s response to your commands.
- RTK IX’s enhanced Officer Development System allows you to use points to increase officer abilities and skills or further an officer’s development by giving special items.
- One map displays all of China! New display shows capital, troop movements, geography, enemy strongholds, and more all on a single map.
- 15 Historical, 5 Fictional, and 5 Challenge scenarios, with multiple story endings and epilogues
- Set troop formations to activate over 30 different tactics.
- Use diplomacy while under attack, shift strategies in combat or ally with foreign tribes.
- Build towers or set traps to hold back invasions.
- Use save data from Dynasty Warriors®4, DW4XL or Dynasty Tactics™ 2 to obtain a new officer.
- Soundtrack performed by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra.
- Character-specific events and clear bonuses
- 34 special event sequences
- 1-8 Players! Play with up to 8 characters at once
- Updated Tutorial System, hidden features and more