"The voiceover component of EverQuest II is a huge project that has already raised the bar for future MMO games," said John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment. "Christopher Lee is an icon in the entertainment industry, having been a part of some of the greatest fantasy and science fiction franchises in history, and he has truly brought Lucan D'Lere to life. Heather Graham embodies the spirit of fantasy, giving life to Antonia Bayle, the leader of the forces of good. Both deliver compelling performances for our players that blur the line between blockbuster Hollywood films and interactive gaming."
Mr. Lee is a legend in the entertainment industry, having appeared in more than 200 films, including recent memorable turns in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and The Lord of the Rings. In EverQuest II, Mr. Lee will provide voiceover for the character of Lucan D'Lere, the 1000-year-old overlord of the evil city of Freeport. In a recent voiceover session, Mr. Lee described the character of Lucan D'Lere: "He is an overlord, he is a tyrant, he is a dictator, and he is immortal." EverQuest II players can look forward to more than four hours of dialog from Mr. Lee in the finished game when it is released later this year.
Ms. Graham has appeared in more than 40 films, including such hits as Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, From Hell, and Boogie Nights. Ms. Graham provides the voice for Antonia Bayle, Queen of Qeynos and leader of the forces of good in EverQuest II. At the voiceover sessions in Los Angeles, Ms. Graham commented, "What's cool about EverQuest II is that it's an interactive experience where you are the hero in your own personal adventure." Ms. Graham's character delivers approximately 300 lines of dialog in EverQuest II.
Featuring more than 70,000 lines of dialog spread across over 1,700 voice actors, EverQuest II is setting a new standard in immersion for the MMO genre. As new quests are added to the game after launch, the voice library will continue to grow as the game sets the pace for the future of MMO gaming. EverQuest II is scheduled for a simultaneous release in North America and Europe later in the year.
EverQuest II is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world where thousands of players come together for adventure and community. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful game world to explore, as well as voices for almost all non-player characters, EverQuest II sets new standards in gameplay and immersion. EverQuest II brings players into its world with a powerful epic storyline and gives them the power to be the hero or villain in their personal adventure. Players enter this world by creating their own unique character, choosing from 16 races and 24 classes. Players will encounter hundreds of creatures as they travel across majestic landscapes of rolling hills, barren deserts, dense forests, and bustling cities. Thousands of items, hundreds of spells, and unlimited adventure await all who enter the world of EverQuest II.
EverQuest II also features:
- A new, massive online world for thousands of players to explore, filled with danger, adventure and mystery
- Voices for non-player characters (NPCs) in the game, a huge project encompassing more than 70,000 lines and 130 hours of dialog
- Unparalleled character customization capabilities. In addition to thousands of armor, weapons and items users can equip, players will be able to customize their character's facial appearance to an incredible level of detail and personalization
- 16 races, dozens of levels and 24 classes with a branching system that allows players to choose their class as they advance
- Player-owned real estate (such as apartments, homes, and guild houses)
- No race/class combination limitations, allowing players to truly choose who they want to be in game
- New user friendly game mechanics with reduced learning curve for both new and seasoned players
- More than 160 unique creature types, from Orcs and Goblins to huge dragons and menacing Living Statues
- Incentives for current EverQuest subscribers
- A state-of-the-art, cinematic quality 3D graphics engine that is tailor-made for current generation NVIDIA-based graphics cards, and capable of improving as hardware technology advances. The flexibility of the engine is also ready to harness future technology advancements, keeping the game fresh over time.
- State-of-the art combat, spell and skill systems
- Trade skills available to all player classes
More articles about EverQuest II