Patch 1.3 change log
• Fixed a crash with the ForkLift when loading some levels.
• Fixed a bug that prevented levels from loading after saving in a previous level.
• Returned surround 5.1 sound option to the menu.
• Fixed a mounted weapon traverse problem.
• Fixed problems related to shaders1.pak and scripts1.pak not being removed on installation of the patch.
• Fixed a delay relating to tagging enemies in binocular mode.
• Normal Map Compression. Requirements: NVidia: Geforce FX Family or better, ATI: x800 card or better. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, type r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1 in the console after loading a level. Enabling this feature during the game may take some time - the PC may appear to freeze. This variable will not be saved when restarting the game. Enabling normal map compression will have prolonged execution the first time running through a level due to initial compression phase occurring in real time through the level. Subsequent reloads of the same level will yield better performance and therefore we recommend that you run any benchmark twice and to take the second of the two runs for benchmarking purposes since this most closely represents the usual user experience.
• SM 3.0 and SM 2.0x are now enabled by default when graphics settings are set to ‘Very High’. To see performance increases you must have Direct X 9.0c installed.
• Improved tangent-space calculation to improve bumpmap quality.
• Anisotropic filtering disabled for some textures (light-maps, several lookup textures, fall-off maps) for increased performance.
• When attempting to connect to PunkBuster regulated servers, make sure you are not running with –DEVMODE enabled. Run the Farcry.exe itself (not a shortcut) if you are unsure.
• If you are kicked from a PunkBuster enabled server with the reason “No packet flow”, make sure the Windows XP internal firewall is disabled.
• Improved syncronization in multiplayer.
• Fixed bug in leaning with different player classes.
• Fixed an invisible wall exploit in mp_freighter.
• Please ensure you have your graphics cards latest drivers installed.
Patch 1.3 known issues
• Save games created with the recalled patch (1.2) are not compatible with patch 1.3.
• Users with ATI Catalyst 4.9 drivers may experience some graphical anomalies when lighting quality is set to high. If this occurs either set Lighting Quality to Medium or Texture Quality to Low. Alternatively use ATI Catalyst 4.3 drivers.
• Connecting to LAN games via the connect console variable does not always work. Users should connect to LAN games using the LAN menu only.
• Windows 2000/XP only: Make sure your keyboard is in lower case mode before starting the game.
• Beware of machete attacks when underwater. You will not see an animation but the attack will still do damage.
• On the map mp_monkey_bay_n there is a solitary P90 pickup without extra ammo boxes nearby. More P90 ammo is located next to the garage on the other side of the map.
• Do not attempt to reconnect to a server that you have just created. Creating a server and then attempting to reconnect to it will only display the message "connecting to 127.0.0.1...". This is the IP address of your local host server.
• Do not attempt to switch teams during PREWAR countdowns after a match has been won if player numbers are low.
• Non NV40 nVdia graphics cards display a water reflection bug when water details are set to 'Ultra High'. Lowering this setting in game will fix the problem
• It is not possible to ban players from LAN servers. Banning is only available to Internet servers.
More articles about Far Cry