"Moving the Conflict series into a Vietnam setting has provided us with a wealth of new gameplay opportunities that are sure to please both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers," said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for Global Star Software. "Through the use of story, enhanced gameplay, audio and graphics, we've been able to create an experience that's both a unique and exciting entry into the genre."
Conflict: Vietnam is a squad based action game that puts players in the shoes of four barely trained 101st Airborne soldiers who are caught countless miles behind enemy lines during the 1968 Tet Offensive. It is up to the player to use all four members of the squad and utilize their different abilities in order to successfully traverse through booby trap filled terrain, loaded with North Vietnamese and Viet Cong soldiers. The objective isn't to win the war; the objective is to make it out alive.
- The third game in the hugely successful Conflict series.
- Fourteen enormous missions will take players deep into the Vietnamese jungle, through small villages, into ruined temples, and down Viet Cong tunnel complexes.
- Dynamic lighting, vegetation that shifts with wind and movement, an abundance of animals, and lush environments bring the jungle to life.
- Use performance-based points after each mission to develop your characters in 9 skill categories such as Sniper, Medic, and Demolitions.
- A revitalized control scheme allows context sensitive commands such as giving covering fire, guarding civilians, and flanking enemies.
- Splitting paths give players varying options in how to finish missions. Bonus objectives drive players to discover and explore more.
- An era-specific arsenal of over 20 weapons including assault rifles, mortars, and .50 caliber machine guns.
- A wide range of vehicles puts your squad behind the wheel of APCs, jeeps, tanks, helicopters and river boats.
Paranoia inducing AI with enemies that set booby traps, strike from hidden areas, and coordinate their attacks in an environment that they are the masters of.
Conflict: Vietnam is rated 'M' for Mature and is currently available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, each at a suggested retail price of $39.99. Also available is the PC version, at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information on Conflict: Vietnam please visit www.globalstarsoftware.com.
More articles about Conflict: Vietnam