The mod tools include:
- Mission Editor - players can create single-player and multi-player maps using existing content
- Attribute Editor - players can modify the characteristics of units in the game, and define the characteristics of new units or abilities
- Object Editor - players can hook up animation, visual and audio effects to units
- 3dsmax Exporter - players can export models from 3dsmax 5.1 for use in the game
- FX Tool - players can create new visual effects for units, weapons, abilities, etc.
- Audio Tool - players can apply characteristics to audio assets created using external audio authoring tools, and export them in the proprietary file format required by the Dawn of War engine
- Single-player SCAR Content - players will have access to SCAR tutorial files; SCAR is the scripting language used to drive behavior and events in the single-player game