Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 5 Release notes.
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers and clients of any flavor can connect with each other. This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files, except to update settings as necessary. This patch includes all changes made in Patches 1, 2, 3, and 4.
This patch should be installed *after* installing the Epic ECE Bonus Pack, as it updates some of the game code included with the bonus pack.
- Added a gunner indicator for the Cicada.
- Onslaught low skill bot AI tweaks
- Max lifespan for shot down ONSMortarCamera
- Fixed regular dust showing when Manta jumps over water
- Fixed Cicada staying above StallZ if driver switches to gunner position
- Fixed SPMA engine sound volume
- Tweaked powercore destruction and electricity sounds
- Improved artillery explosion effect
- Don't call destroyed powercore "green powercore" in scoreboard (after round ends)
- Fixed Berserk combo (properly turns client side weapon changes on and off)
- Fixed quadjump mutator in multiplay (was only allowing regular double jump on first jump)
- Fixed gamespeed mutator "sticking" in instant action games
- Don't let Cicada passengers carry flag (for VCTF)
- Added OnslaughtBP.UCL to patch so bonus pack mutators will show up
- Fixed problem with landing view shake sometimes not working at very low frame rates
- Fixed bug where not all actors got NotifyTeamChanged() when client team changed
- Assault objective announcements can come from packages other than AssaultAnnouncer
- IonCannonKillVolume bug fixes
- Don't allow players to change teams if team sizes are equal if bPlayersBalanceTeams is true
- Fixed team balancing code bug
- Fixed footstep sounds playing while in vehicle where driver isn't visible if enter while running
- Removed obsolete weapon debugging code
- Localization fixes for Italian, French, German, and Spanish
- No log or console message when player enters or leaves team. public, or local channels
- Fixed Dom.xml for bot voice command in DDOM
- Fixed F3/F8 stats now shows all players in list
- Don't limit suiciding to 10 second interval in standalone games
- Fixed client-side demo recording of vehicles
- Fix for clients unable to connect with "Incompatible Games Files" message
- Fixed WebAdmin play list and mid game menu to report the proper ping.
- Fixed resetting initial position of saved move when moves are combined
- Increased min idle kick time to 30 seconds
- Never idle kick player if only human in game
- Moved gamespeed option in URL parsing to after mutator spawning, so gamespeed can be set from URL
- More speedhack detection tweaks (less false positives)
- Server CPU use improvements relative to last patch
- Consider CPU saturation in determining whether to do extra work on server to reduce bandwidth use for low
- Don't allow clients <3320 to connect to servers with OnslaughtBP.
- Fixed server crash when using bonus vehicles mutator.
- Fix for client-side crash caused by DynamicLoadObject problem uncovered by interaction of AntiTCC with
certain other mutators.
- Fix for annoying server browser bug (not showing correct initial game type).
- Fix for team VOIP channels in large games
- Fixed map list menu problems with bonus vehicles and custom link setups.
- Fixed Unrealed working with Windows 98 (See note below)
Mod Author Related:
- New script profiling tool.
- Added (slow) full dangling reference checking option.
Logs dangling references which could cause a crash during gameplay or on GC. Use only for testing, as it
is very slow, by adding bSlowRefChecking=true to the [Engine.Engine] section of UT2004.ini. I'd recommend
running a dedicated server with bots with this option enabled, connect to it to start the match, and let the
bots do the testing for you.
- Fixed spider physics view direction setting bug
- Added RotateSoundThreshold to ONSWeapon to allow mod authors control over when RotateSound is played
- Moved BaseMutator.ModifyLogin() to the beginning of GameInfo.Login().
- Fix for UParticleEmitter::UpdateParticles crash in SkeletalMeshGet
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING UNREALED and Windows 98
If you plan on using UnrealED with Windows 98, you will need to download an install the MSVCP60.DLL library. This
file can be found at the following url:
Without that file, the editor will not run.
Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 4 Release notes.
- Fixed accessed none in mid-game GUI code
- New, optimized Goliath shot hit effect
- Fixed Raptor camera from clipping into the world
- fixed collision hole in Goliath
- vehicle splash rings
- fixed daredevil message to only show the stats that made you a daredevil
- Manta water spray effect
- If two nodes are an equal number of links away from the enemy powercore, the autospawn system will now select the one physically closer to the core instead
of randomly picking one.
- Optimized some effects to improve client performance
- greatly improved AI control of flying vehicles
- fixed bot getting out of vehicle and instantly killed causing AI problems
- bots in mantas and scorpions may jump out if about to be hit by avril
- Improved Leviathan AI
- improve Raptor firemode selection AI
- bots like jumppads more in Onslaught
- improved AI initial node rush
- bots better at comboing with PRV side gun
- improve AI vehicle route following (less backing up)
- high skill bots jump out of mantas that have web projectile stuck to them
- fixed occasional bot in vehicle getting stuck on inventoryspot
- fixed bot avril locks when bot can't see target
- fixed bots trying to heal node from too far away
- fixed defenders staying in vehicle too long when node unpowered
- PowerCores now block paths through them (need to rebuild paths for this to work)
- bot Mantas more aggressive against foot enemies
- bots smarter about navigationpoints blocked by vehicles
- move as close as possible in vehicle if no path to dest (until currentpath isn't useable)
- bots pick best side of vehicle to get out
- Entering a vehicle turns off a pawn's and a pawn's weapon's AmbientSounds
- bots keep manning tanks (and other "important" vehicles) when possible
- bots do multiple dodges toward road pathnodes
- improved bots staying focused on enemy attacking power core
- if bot can't get out of vehicle turret, he tries to switch to driving vehicle if there's no driver
- bots understand they can't shoot through powernode shields
- bots don't toss spidermines into powernode shields
- fixed bots in vehicles trying to use teleporters
- improved bot use of handbraking for steering
General game play:
- removed log warnings when damagetype is none
- fix for getplayerstart log spam in invasion
- Fixed the single player not going to the SP_Main menu after showing the intro
- fixed script warnings
- Only allow suicides once every 10 seconds
- fixed Xan torso w/ invisibility
- have "?" portrait show up if no valid portrait on HUD
- Added a hack so that demorecdrivers always convince the server that it's UTX files are Gen=1
(fixes CTF flags not showing in demos recorded on dedicated server installs)
- UT2K4 works with WinXP SP2 firewall
- speed hack detection improvements (less problems for people with just bad connections)
- Fixed Linux server crash when Master Server drops connection unexpectedly. (in 3270.1)
- increased default ConnectionTimeout to 30 seconds
- fixed cases where non-replicated emitters were being spawned server side (performance improvement)
- Fix for server travel crash bug.
- fixed destroyed vehicles disappearing so much on saturated connections
- Properly handle the FailCode command coming from the server. This was what would cause a client to appear "locked solid" when 2 clients were trying to join the last slot.
- "Only Official Maps" toggle in server browser now becomes disabled when mods are loaded.
- Fixed the server browser Filters description overlap.
- Fixed Classic Translocator Setting in net games.
- The "Press F10 to" Connection Message makes it's return.
- Fixed vehicles looking flipped over on clients when they aren't
- Servers recover if connection to master server fails during receive
- Fixed HandleStream crash on server with some user Assault levels on connections with packet loss
- Server performance improvement (don't copy structs in NEQ replication comparisons)
- added per layer detail settings for terrain deco layers
- fixed particle editor crash
- fix for processhitwall crash
- fixed script assignment bug (assignment of deleted actors resulted in no change from the current value).
- loading time speedup.
Here is the full change list for Patch 3:
- Onslaught Map window clearly shows what team you are on
- The green vehicle crosshair no longer off centered from the main crosshair.
- Drivers don't take drowning damage while driving vehicle
- Made Vehicle.tick() functionality native (for performance).
- Added LockWarningInterval property to Vehicle.
- Fixed vehicles taking water damage when their driver gets out while they are in the water
- Fixed Onslaught Vehicles so their reset time is reset to at least 10 seconds when healed
- fixed AVRiL fired by bot sometimes changing to target vehicle bot is getting into.
- reduced bot accuracy with the Onslaught turret
- limited how far Scorpion web projectiles can fall before dissipating, to prevent them being used for spamming
- Fixed link projectiles not doing extra damage to vehicles when linked up
- Fixed bots teleport looping in Onslaught
General Game play:
- Fixed low skill bots using lifts
- CTF defender AI improvements (pursuing flag)
- Optimized splash effects
- Junkyard magnet now works again
- Fixed AS-Junkyard exploit
- Don't preload skins with botuse=0
- Only precache Epic skins unless xDeathMatch.bCustomPreload is true
- Various script warning fixes
- SkipMatch cheat gives you credits as well
- MutNoSuperWeapons no longer in "arena" group.
- Fixed CTF-TwinTombs wrong team playerstart
- "Movie" tab is no longer empty in other languages
- Fixed some script warnings in UT2K4Tab_OnslaughtMap
- Fixed alignment bug in the Filters menu
- Fixed manually adding a favorite server overwriting the selected favorite.
- Fixed various options in the filters menu not being set to read only.
- Fixed Onslaught turrets so that their weaponmesh doesn't get hidden in demo playback
- Fixed Onslaught 2nd/3rd weapon orientation craziness during demo play back
- Fixed behindview resetting when preview another player in 3rd person during demo playback
- Fixed the Onslaught mini-map so it appears in demo playback (but not 100% functional)
- Fixed Auto-Demo Recording
- Fixed setting spaces in MOTD via webadmin
- Fixed "weapon not firing" bug, caused by reliable bunches from client getting queued up on server under certain packet loss conditions.
- Improved low net bandwith (modem) client net performance:
. improved vehicle turret replication at low net bandwidths
. improved old pawn replication at low net bandwidths
. Added bWasSaturated flag to PlayerController - set on server side when connection was saturated the previous tick
. if connection saturated and low bandwidth, use terrain traces for determining relevancy
. Lowered netpriority and netupdatefrequency for onsweaponpawns
- Made super shock beams not bNetTemporary (so you always see your shots even w/ packet loss)
- Added MaxClientFrameRate configurable property to LevelInfo. Add MaxClientFrameRate=xx to the [Engine.LevelInfo] section of your UT2004.ini to change this property. It only works if your netspeed is above 10000 (LAN games, or as negotiated between server and client - increase the servers MaxInternetClientRate above 10000 to use this feature in internet games). Increasing this value will increase upstream bandwidth use, possibly causing problems for ADSL and cable modem users with low bandwidth upstream pipes, and will also increase server CPU utilization.
- Improved server performance by removing some expensive (and never tripped) checks
- Fixed speaking beacon to be green if have link out
- Fixed network jitter at low game speeds (gamespeed mutator)
- Speed hack checks enabled when flying redeemer
- Colored names exploit fixed again
- Fixed Web Response exploit
- Fixed server crash exploit
- Improved handling of packet loss of initial actor replication bunch
Mod Author Related:
- Fixed compile error/warnings with -mod= to point to the right directory.
- Made manifest transient, so it doesn't prevent saving games
- Fix for bInstantRotation weapons so they support having the same yaw and pitch bone.
- Added 2 commands to the security actor to return all aliases and bindings, and added example code to XPlayer showing how to use them.
- Pawns using PHYS_Spider play walking anims
- Added dumpframes command for dumping raw frames as a movie. In the console, type "dumpframes start" to begin the process, and "dumpframes stop" to end the process. It should be using the current screenshot mask.
- Adjusted Scripted textures to use the character 'Q' for height, not char #0
- Integrated particle system editor (under the tools menu).
- Fixed NaNs in model render data (caused rendering issues on some hardware).
- Fixed crash bug in USkeletalMesh::GetCollisionBoundingBox()
- 64-bit fix.
- Fixed corrupt maps crashing upon .UCL generation
- MoveActor() performance optimization (avoid going through attachment list if possible)
- Don't write "xx moved without proper hashing" warning to client logs.
- fixed rare (mod only) karma physics crash
More articles about Unreal Tournament 2004