Capcom's quirkiest action superhero once again takes center stage in this engaging action brawler that has a playable heroine, a new VFX power and inventive character designs with gameplay that perpetuates more punch and style than its predecessor.
"Viewtiful Joe was the killer app for the GameCube in 2003, and now Viewtiful Joe 2 raises the bar for excellence and innovation even higher with the second generation of the series," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing at Capcom Entertainment. "With new visual effects, enemies and challenges, Joe and Silvia are ready to take on an all new Viewtiful adventure."
At the beginning of this new adventure, we find Joe and his girlfriend, Silvia, ready to face even tougher enemies and greater challenges as they confront the nefarious Black Emperor and his tyrannous organization. In this next incredible installment not only will gamers be able to play as Joe, but as Silvia right off the bat. In addition to being equipped with her pompoms, Silvia will be packing some heat as she wields a gun to help defeat the encroaching evil that lurks in the shadows. The action gets even hotter as players use "Viewtiful Touch" to switch between the beloved heroes at anytime throughout the game for some tag team action.
Keeping to the stylized yet richly detailed visuals, Viewtiful Joe 2 stays true to its masterfully crafted roots and delivers an even more brilliant and polished videogame. Utilize Joe's signature moves: Slow, Mach Speed and Zoom-In to unleash devastating attacks and follow up with Silvia's agility as she flashes her own set of abilities: Slow, Zoom-In and a new cinematic visual effect (VFX) power "Replay" which allows gamers to repeat a part of the action for heroic results. As with the other VFX, Replay's astonishing power can be utilized to solve ingenious puzzles, defeat unique, relentless enemies and add
variety to gameplay. Spanning across an increased number of stages and environments including a jungle, snowy mountains and outer space, Viewtiful Joe 2 incorporates more impressive quasi 2D/3D action with over 40 new types of adversaries to obliterate. The not-so-average-Joe and his beloved will once again break the gaming mold and deliver a unique experience with his polished martial arts attacks, high-flying acrobatics, and compelling storyline.
Viewtiful Joe 2 boasts the following features:
- More viewtiful 2D/3D hybrid action spanning more stages
- New second playable character - Now gamers can select Joe's girlfriend, Silvia, who not only struts around with her infamous pompoms but also wields a weapon that fires projectiles to fend off the fiendish foes that she encounters.
- More than 40 different types of enemies to obliterate!
- More diverse stages to explore - Viewtiful Joe 2 now takes players through new detailed movie themed environments including the jungle, underground ruins, ancient Japan, snowy mountains and outer space.
- More variations of the Six Machine - Throughout the various stages, Joe's trusty aircraft transforms into various shapes to support his activities such as a cannon, drill or submarine.
- In addition to Joe's infamous "Slow," "Mach Speed," and "Zoom In" visual effects (VFX) powers, the action is even hotter this time around when Silvia executes her own moves: "Slow," "Zoom In" and the new "Replay" VFX power. Replay a punch for three times the damage. Need to restore some health? Eat a hamburger and replay it so you get three times the effect! But beware, try not to use Replay when getting hit or suffer taking three times the damage!
- "Viewtiful Touch" - Not only can players choose whomever they want to play at the start of the game, they can also switch between Joe and Silvia at anytime to adapt to different situations and solve puzzles.
Viewtiful Joe 2 is now available at retailers across North America and carries a "T" rating for teen audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).
More articles about Viewtiful Joe 2