- Deploy Special Forces on Felipe Island in the Phillipines from your submarine!
- Evacuate the U.S. Ambassador from East Timor flying your MH-60 Seahawk helicopter or commanding a Perry class frigate!
- Prevent a midget suicide attack by the Aum Shinrikyo cult on the Seikan Tunnel, the world's longest underwater tunnel in Japan.
- Track Russian submarines using your P-3 Orion aircraft as they cross SOSUS Trip Wires on their way to Korea!
Just a few examples on the variety of missions waiting on you in "Dangerous Waters"!
The game will ship with dozens of single player missions and a full campaign (the details of which are yet to be released), as well as a powerful full-featured mission editor, including scripting options and real world geological data for the entire planet (!), and over 270 air, naval, land and submarine units.
S.C.S. - "Dangerous Waters" allows the player control over 7 of the world's most potent naval platforms:
- Oliver Hazard Perry [Guided Missile Frigate]
- MH-60R Seahawk [Multi-Mission Helicopter]
- P-3C Orion [Maritime Patrol Aircraft]
- Kilo class 636/877 [Diesel attack submarines]
- Seawolf class SSN [Nuclear attack submarine]
- Akula I/II class SSN [Nuclear attack submarine]
- 688(I) class SSN [Nuclear attack submarine]
Above, below, and on the ocean's surface, S.C.S. - "Dangerous Waters" will thrust the player into battle and finally allow them to experience all facets of naval combat in one immersive gaming experience.
- ONE NAVAL BATTLEFIELD
Cooperative and head-to-head multiplayer modes allow controllable submarine, surface, and air platforms to battle it out in the definitive naval combat experience.
- MULTI-STATION MODE
Players can command a platform on their own in multiplayer, or collaborate with multiple players in "Multi-station Mode" as they each operate individual stations and strive to work together as a team on the SAME platform.
- "REAL WORLD" PLATFORMS
Detailed depictions of each controllable platform's stations and their respective arsenals provide a realistic game play experience.
- CUTTING-EDGE SENSOR MODELLING AND PHYSICS
Authentic simulation of sensor performance both in the air and through the ocean environment challenge the player to detect unknown enemies. Realistic depection of flight characteristic, buoyancy, air resistance, and gravity provide realistic control and maneuvering.
- SCALABLE 3D ENGINE AND EFFECTS
Updated 3D graphics engine provides realistic depiction of ocean swells, water reflections, and environmental conditions.
- WORLDWIDE DATABASE
Extensive worldwide database provided by the U.S. Naval Institute offers detailed descriptions of platforms and weaponry to accomodate all possible global conflicts. Over 270+ platforms comprising 17 of the world's navies can do battle for control of the open ocean.
- MISSION CREATION TOOLS USED BY THE GAME'S DESIGNERS
Powerful mission editor that was used by the developers to create the missions that will be shipped with the game, will be available to the player to create their own scenarios. Players will be able to create their own single missions or string together their own campaign. These tools will allow the player extensive control over the mission content and enable him to generate an infinite number of mission possibilities.
- DYNAMIC YET PERSISTENT CAMPAIGNS
Players will compete in two distinct campaigns in which their actions have a profound effect on the missions that follow. The use of dynamic elements such as probability of inclusion, dynamic groups of objects, dynamic inclusion of mission goals, and rules of engagement that can change mid-mission all ensure that the campaigns with never play the same way twice.
- QUICK MISSION MODE
Upon selecting their platform and mission difficulty level the player will generate an entirely random and dynamic mission. It will be composed of an infinite combination of mission goals, enemy forces and random locations.
More articles about Dangerous Waters