- Fixed some problems with our network files to eliminate the "jerky sloops". Thanks to the guys on the HydroRacers team for sending us the solution for that one.
- Reworked Scurvy cove a bit to keep the galleons away from the static objects on shore. It is now low tide in the cove. One of the galleons has also been removed.
- Komodo Island has had some pirate landscapers come in and remove some of the vegetation making it a little easier on lower-end graphics cards and systems. If you still get framerate lag, you may have to lower your video settings a bit.
- Cannon fire and explosion effects reworked to reduce framerate hits. They are a little simpler now, but still effective.
- Our carpenters have customized the sloops a bit to provide better protection to the captains from snipers and whatnot. It's still possible to be hit, but at least they have a fighting chance now.
- Those carpenters have also been hard at work upgrading the galleons. There are now barrels stored next to the forward stairs, making it easier for pirates who haven't gotten their sea legs to get up them. Just point yourself towards the stairs and run. If you find yourself heading towards the barrels, you will be gently guided back towards the proper course.
- There are now also invisible "climbing nets" on the sides of the galleons! These work the same as the nets on the sides of the sloop. You can now climb onto a galleon from anywhere along the flat portion of the sides of the hull. This is the area that contains the cannons. Once in a while you make take a cannonball to the chest, but hey, that's just one of the hazards of the job:)
- One of the big problems plagueing Pirates is falling into the water during galleon fights and having to suicide to get back on board, causing you to have a negative score. This is a bug with Battlefield's game system and can't be fixed by us, but in an attempt to improve things, players now take damage after 90 seconds of being in the water. This is the default Battlefield:1942 setting and may be adjusted in the future. Our pirates are no longer professional swimmers, but they do still excel in diving. You will take no damage hitting the water from any height just as before, so dive right in. (for those of you who still don't know, you also take no damage from hitting galleon decks from any height, so feel free to jump from a crowsnest onto the enemy ship. This was added a long time ago to compensate for the inability to add swinging ropes for boarding enemy ships.)
- We have changed the damage files in a way so that theoretically you should take half the normal damage when jumping onto the ground. (not other objects) You will still die from falling from great heights, but hopefully this will cause fewer deaths from 3-foot jumps. This hasn't really been tested yet and will probably still need tweaking.
Important: if you are new to the game or want to be sure you haven't missed anything, check out our new Player's Guide page for instructions and a small FAQ. This will be expanded upon and reworked as we get closer to Beta 3.