"Ubisoft is aware that new EverQuest expansions are always eagerly awaited by the fan community," said Florence Alibert, EMEA marketing director at Ubisoft. "We have worked closely with SOE to shorten the delays and the result is that for the first time, we will be able to release this new EQ expansion within three days only after the US".
"Sony Online and Ubisoft have been working hard to bring our EverQuest expansions to European players as quickly as possible," said Mike Lustenberger, director of marketing, Sony Online Entertainment Inc. "Our goal is to reach simultaneous worldwide launches for each new expansion, and with Gates of Discord, we're almost there."
The Gates of Discord directs players to the west side of Norrath where Nedaria's Landing is abuzz with activity in preparation for one of the greatest and most dangerous expeditions in the history of Norrath. Stories and events will lead players across an uncharted land twisted and scarred by an unknown force. New alternate advancements will challenge the most veteran of players while the new Berserker class brings inordinate amounts of strength and bravery.
About Gates of Discord:
The rumors that began in The Ruins of Kunark® now hold true- a new continent has been discovered on the far side of Norrath. The Wayfarers Brotherhood will need to amass a brave and trustworthy army for an expedition of epic proportions. Join armies of adventurers on their quest to unearth long-hidden artifacts of power from temple ruins, secret catacombs, dank sewers and vast marshlands. Should you fail, Norrath, its inhabitants, and its gods may fall under control of the forces of Discord!
Gates of Discord includes the following new features:
- 100 new Alternate Advancement Abilities which offer a different method of character progression including new and unique skills to master
- New leadership skills and abilities - these can allow the leader to designate attack order, mez order or just plain identify the mobs for the group/raid
- New leadership experience which unlocks many group and raid-enhancing tools
- 20 new zones, ten new instanced zones and ten new traditional zones, including a huge ship city zone, complete with merchants, tradesman, and quest-givers, where players can gather and launch expeditions.
- New combat zones for characters level 50 and above
- New Berserker class, which empowers players with the ability to ravage enemies with two-handed axes or by hurling large objects
- Discovery and excitement on the newly discovered continent of Taelosia, which holds the keys of Norrath's future
- 20 all-new NPC models which make for hundreds of challenging encounters
- A new Tribute System that enhances gameplay by allowing players to choose beneficial attributes, skills, or effects through offerings made at their home cities
- Dozens of new and exciting story-driven quests for the hardy adventurer
- New tradeskill recipes to produce hundreds of new items
- Arcane spells, mighty weapons and other hidden treasures!
For more information on Gates of Discord, please visit: http://www.eqloft.com.