"Almost five years in to the life of EverQuest, and the game continues to grow and evolve at an amazing rate," said Michael Lustenberger, director, product marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "Gates of Discord includes 20 new NPCs models -- which is more than we've ever included in a single expansion -- as well as an exciting new character class and a whole new continent for players to explore."
The Gates of Discord offers exploration of a newly discovered continent on the west side of Antonica, where the port of Nedaria's Landing is abuzz with activity in preparation for one of the greatest and most dangerous expeditions in the game's five year history. Stories and events will lead players across a previously uncharted land twisted and scarred by an unknown force. New alternate advancements will challenge the most veteran of players, while the new Berserker class brings inordinate amounts of strength and bravery. Party leaders will also receive an additional bonus in the form of new leadership abilities, which will allow them to identify and designate the order of groups of monsters for the entire group to attack.
About Gates of Discord
The rumors that began in The Ruins of Kunark® now hold true -- a new continent has been discovered on the far side of Norrath. The Wayfarers Brotherhood will need to amass a brave and trustworthy army for an expedition of epic proportions. Join armies of adventurers on their quest to unearth long-hidden artifacts of power from temple ruins, secret catacombs, dank sewers and vast marshlands. Should you fail, Norrath, its inhabitants, and its gods may fall under control of the forces of Discord! Gates of Discord includes:
- 100 new Alternate Advancement Abilities which offer a different method of character progression including new and unique skills to master
- New leadership skills and abilities -- these can allow the leader to designate attack order, mez order or just plain identify the mobs for the group/raid
- New leadership experience which unlocks many group and raid-enhancing tools
- 20 new zones, ten new instanced zones and ten new traditional zones, including a huge ship city zone, complete with merchants, tradesman, and quest-givers, where players can gather and launch expeditions
- New combat zones for characters level 50 and above
- New Berserker class, which empowers players with the ability to ravage enemies with two-handed axes or by hurling large objects
- Discovery and excitement on the newly discovered continent of Taelosia, which holds the keys of Norrath's future
- 20 all-new NPC models which make for hundreds of challenging encounters
- A new Tribute System that enhances gameplay by allowing players to choose beneficial attributes, skills, or effects through offerings made at their home cities
- Dozens of new and exciting story-driven quests for the hardy adventurer
- New tradeskill recipes to produce hundreds of new items
- Arcane spells, mighty weapons and other hidden treasures!
More articles about EverQuest: Gates Of Discord