In Crusader Kings, the player assumes the role of a medieval lord, with the goal to be the most powerful ruler throughout Europe. With conquest, intrigue and diplomacy you steer your realm, and like in medieval politics it is crucial to mix chivalry and treason, nepotism and loyalty. To achieve your goals you need to guide your family through a multitude of aspects including the intriguing politics of medieval times.
Crusader Kings is the ultimate experience for the true Diplomat as well as the deceitful backstabber and the fierce warrior.
- Nearly 400 years of gameplay - Play the campaigns of the Hundred Years War, the five Crusades, and the Mongol Wars.
- Thousands of real historical characters, meet Richard the Lionhearted, Saladin and Subotai.
- Build castles and cathedrals, introduce new laws, and follow the heed of the Pope
- Recognize every main character in your dynasty or among your enemies as children inherit facial attributes of their parents.
- This real-time game can set at pause at any time or any given event to give payers time for planning, creating a “semi-real-time” environment.
- Multiplayer allows for up to 8 players to battle for Prestige and Piety over LAN and Internet.
- Extend your gameplay through centuries by exporting your finished game into Europa Universalis 2.
More articles about Crusader Kings