In StarCraft: Ghost, players take the role of Nova, a lethal Ghost operative skillfully trained in the arts of espionage and tactical combat. Twenty years of ruthless physical conditioning and techno-psychological instruction have made Nova a being of terrifying potential. With the help of a determined group of allies, players follow a series of story-driven missions, engaging in a deadly mix of planetary battles and dangerous solo operations. To complete their mission objectives, players must execute intelligent tactical decisions while mastering an advanced arsenal of sophisticated weaponry.
"We're very excited about returning to the StarCraft series," stated Mike Morhaime, Blizzard Entertainment president and co-founder. "Our roots are based in console gaming, and we look forward to developing this universe for the next-generation console systems."
Key features in StarCraft: Ghost include:
- Revolutionary new style of gameplay featuring enhanced physical and psionic abilities
- Hostile Environment Suit designed to magnify strength, agility, and speed
- Over-the-top special effects offer stunning visuals and unparalleled tactical realism
- Immersive 3D environments showcase rich textures and highly stylized character models
- Unique Calldown abilities allow players to target large-scale attacks from the ground
- A deeply evolving storyline set in Blizzard's gritty sci-fi StarCraft universe
As the story unravels, players find themselves traversing uncharted terrain and battling adversaries never before seen by followers of the series. Bold 3D graphics give players a new, in-depth perspective on familiar planets and former battlefields from the legendary universe. A dynamic 3rd-person camera view displays dramatic lighting, startling detail, and a blend of realistic and fantastical design. Co-developed by Blizzard Entertainment and Nihilistic Software, Inc., StarCraft: Ghost is scheduled for release in 2004.
More articles about Starcraft: Ghost