In the game the player can choose from one of the four conflicting parties:
- ED - after the destruction of the EARTH, the leaders of the Eurasian Dynasty escaped on board an evacuation fleet. Now they are fighting for the survival of the human species. Their base is one large building comprising of smaller variable parts.
- LC - This peace loving Matriarchal society must fight to find a new base and home after the destruction of the Earth. LC buildings have few possibilities to upgrade, therefore, the ability to lift off and move quickly to a new location.
- UCS - these machines evolved from the UCS battle machines. During the long flight to Mars, the computer decided to kill all human survivors and start conquering the Solar system with its own mechanical army.
- Aliens - alien renegades were imprisoned a long ago time in the history of Mars. In 2160 landing UCS ships awoke them from their deep sleep. Now they are trying to escape their prison and to establish new bases in the solar system.
All character parties have the possibility of developing new technologies. Work on technologies are done in research centers on the planet surfaces. Each species can develop as many technologies at one time as they have technology centers. They will have access to technology trees to manage work on new technologies.
Battles take place all over the planets and moons of the outer Solar System.
Mars - 4th planet in the solar system
Titan - Saturn's moon
Io - the Jupiter satellite
Triton - Neptune's moon.
New dimensions to the game will be created by using virtual agents. Agents are freelancers available for hire who help a player during the game. Each agent has different abilities (they can help with research, unit commands, increasing mining efficiency etc.) agents can be hired and fired during the game. Not all agents are available all the time. If an agent is hired by one player, it will not be available for the others.
Single player modes:
• 4 single player campaigns. Each campaign includes 7 missions.
• Skirmish mode possible, to be played by one player on multiplayer maps. In Skirmish mode the player fights against the computer.
Four multiplayer modes are available.
The rich musical score consists of 30 dynamically varying tracks, composed and arranged by Gerd Hofmann & Joachim Schaefer. Played by orchestral artists of the National Orchestra Mannheim-Heidelberg (Germany), recorded and mixed with the latest Dolby Digital 5.1 surround technology.
More articles about Earth 2160