Based on Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven for the PS2, Tenchu: Return from Darkness offers several new enhancements including two exclusive single-player maps, improved gameplay balance with re-tuned enemy intelligence and new enemy placement, a user-interactive training mode and Xbox Live featuring two player online co-op and versus action.
Tenchu: Return from Darkness will feature three gameplay modes including single-player, two-player (versus and co-op) and Xbox Live. The title will also include 11 stages of gameplay in the story mode with two new single player maps, as well as six multiplayer levels. Additionally, the game will feature all new cut-scenes, enemy layouts and will allow players to hone their ninja skills before embarking on deadly missions in the new training mode.
The title will support Xbox Live, allowing for two-player co-op missions through all six multiplayer levels as well as voice chat functionality for those who choose to break the code of silence. Players can also engage in simultaneous stealth kills as the online ninjas make their way through each danger-filled stage.
- New Stealth Attacks and Improved Fighting Engine - Master combo attacks, including stealth moves and jumping attacks, played out in realistic detail via a robust fighting engine. Gamers take on the role of three characters, Rikimaru, Ayame and Tesshu, an unlockable assassin, utilizing over 20 authentic ninja weapons and tools and earning new abilities and combos by racking up stealth kills.
- Exclusive Xbox Content and Enhancements - Tenchu: Return from Darkness features 11 single-player maps including two new levels that take players on a journey to a samurai mansion and three-story pagoda. Improved gameplay balance with re-tuned enemy intelligence and new enemy placement force gamers to think on their feet.
- Xbox Live Multiplayer Action - Xbox Live features two-player co-op missions with all new stealth kill animations through six levels, as well as a two-player versus mode featuring 20 playable characters.
- New Abilities and Tools - Drag and hide dead bodies to avoid detection or use ninja mind control to make your enemies turn against each other or commit suicide. Discover new unlockable abilities, ninja tools and grand master items.
- New Restart and Continue Functions - Tenchu: Return from Darkness features two exclusive new functions for both hardcore and novice players. The restart function allows them to restart a mission with all of the items previously collected. The continue function, designed for novice players, alleviates the frustration of dying early in pitfalls and having to start at the beginning of a mission.
- Multiple Mission Paths - Fans can complete unique mission objectives including espionage, theft and assassination. Crafted levels allow players to determine the most efficient way to achieve mission goals. Multiple game endings based on earlier decisions in the game and enemy placements, keep players coming back for more.
- Stunningly Realistic Graphics and Special Effects - Taking full advantage of the Xbox's graphical capabilities, Tenchu: Return from Darkness features 11 detailed levels with realistic lighting and weather effects, breakable items and authentic character animations.
More articles about Tenchu: Return from Darkness