Developed by 369 Interactive, CSI: Dark Motives is a first-person adventure game that will test players' nerves and intellect as they examine crime scenes, question witnesses and analyze evidence utilizing the latest in forensic equipment. The new CSI PC game features a number of gameplay improvements including in-depth evidence examination, scalable difficulty and more interactive lab functionality. CSI: Dark Motives will once again feature the likenesses and voices of the entire CSI cast.
"The popularity of the first CSI: Crime Scene Investigation game proves that the CSI license translates well to video games," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft Entertainment. "With CSI: Dark Motives, offering both CSI fans and dedicated gamers a unique gaming experience based on the same fundamentals that have made the CBS show a number one hit."
CSI: Dark Motives features include:
- Brand-New Cases: Five new cases to solve that are longer and more in depth than in the original game.
- CSI Authenticity : Includes the likenesses and voice talents of the entire CSI cast, as well as the show's locations, music, writing, scientific validity and visual style.
- Detailed Forensic Equipment: Field evidence can be analyzed using a full set of forensic tools, such as fingerprint dusters, UV Lights, luminol, DNA sequencer and comparison microscope.
- Personalized Play: Customizable options allow players to easily adjust the gameplay to suit their desired level of difficulty.
- Bonus Commentary: Unlockable bonus content with pre-production sketches, "behind the scenes" footage and unusual trivia.
About CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Nominated for six Emmy awards in 2003, the series launched in October 2000 to critical acclaim, and was named Favorite "New Series of the Year" in 2001 by TV Guide. CSI airs on CBS Thursday nights in the US, to an average of 28.7 million viewers every week. It is also seen on several TV channels throughout Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. Currently CBS's top rated show, every broadcast dominates key demographic categories, including the 18-34, 18-49 and the 25-54 age groups. The series centers on a team of Las Vegas Crime Scene Investigators, who crack perplexing and seemingly unsolvable cases through expert study and analysis of the evidence. The show features a highly realistic and sometimes graphic portrayal of the scientific tactics used to track down criminals, and appeals to a broad, affluent audience of computer savvy fans who love suspense, mystery and reality TV.