The commercial release of Far Cry delivers stunningly detailed graphics, the genre's largest game environments, most deadly A.I. and an unprecedented 1.2 km view-distance. As Jack Carver, players find themselves stranded in paradise after escorting an inquisitive journalist to a remote tropical island. Paradise quickly turns deadly as an unrelenting team of highly trained mercenaries work together to hunt Jack and take him down. Players will explore a vast island chain rendered in exquisite detail through state-of-the-art graphic technology, while outwitting hordes of cunning mercenaries by staging long-range assaults and using every vehicle, weapon, and strategy at their disposal.
Additionally, Far Cry will ship with the intuitive, Sandbox Editor(tm). CryENGINE technology allows for the easiest, most user-friendly map-editing tools ever created. Players can build their own maps, re-construct game levels, and switch from editing to playing on the fly with one simple command. Following are Far Cry's game features:
- Far Cry's unprecedented 1.2 km draw distance elevates the art of sniping and long-range gameplay to new levels of intensity.
- Take cover in dense foliage, submerge yourself underwater, commandeer assault vehicles-even take flight to stay alive.
- Build your own maps, re-construct game levels, and switch from editing to playing on the fly with the unbelievably intuitive Sandbox Editor.
- Enemies react in real-time, take cover, call in reinforcements, and use advanced group formation tactics to take you out.
- Discover a new breed of tropical terror within murky caverns, ruins, swamps, compounds, fortifications, and genetic laboratories.
- Engage in explosive island warfare with up to 20 players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and the all-new Assault Mode.
More articles about Far Cry