Onimusha Blade Warriors brings together a bold cast of characters including famed Japanese actors, Takeshi Kaneshiro as Samanosuke Akechi from Onimusha: Warlords and the late Yusaku Matsuda, known for his role in the 1989 film Black Rain, as Jubei Yagyu from Onimusha 2: Samurai’s Destiny who star as the main characters in the title. Onimusha Blade Warriors is rated “T” for teen audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) and is now available at retailers across North America.
Onimusha Blade Warriors boasts the following features:
- New Style of Play - Onimusha Blade Warriors is an entirely new concept that pushes the action element in the series to an all-new level. The design of the game provides lightening quick sword slashing and the ability to strike down opponents one after the other.
- Two modes of gameplay -
- Story Mode – Single player mode where gamers can follow their chosen character’s storyline as they progress through the game, all the while strengthening and upgrading their character by absorbing specific souls.
- VS. Mode – A multi-player mode where up to four players can battle simultaneously in teams or against one another for exciting multi-player matches.
- Variety of characters - Onimusha Blade Warriors lets the player choose between a total of 24 characters from the Onimusha series. Gamers can fight as the noble Samanosuke Akechi and Jubei Yagyu or play as sub-characters including the various enemies from the series.
- Stunning rendered stages - Fight in beautiful interactive backgrounds; life-like worlds with cool fighting effects.
- Unlock special objects - Treasure chests appear which contain weapons that can be used during battle including laser cannons, a hammer that can dizzy an opponent, items that block an enemy's attack, and orbs that can enhance a character’s ability.