Elemental Alpha Release 2 is the follow-up to version R1b2 released in December 2003. The goal of Alpha R1 was to introduce some of the new game content in Elemental and to test the many changes made to the Dungeon Siege systems. Alpha R2 continues to showcase parts of Elemental to allow for feedback and testing of the main game components.
There are still no story elements or NPCs in this release. Instead, the focus remains on testing combat with the half-tiger's 20 techniques on the various creatures throughout the three included maps. The experience collected in each of the 8 available technique trees can be closely monitored from the new user interface, and the large collection of Roman weapons and armor will keep your character properly equipped. Players can form groups to attack the more challenging monsters or truly test their characters by dueling others in the improved online multiplayer mode.
With over 20 skills, a newly redesigned gui, and more monsters/effects than before, this release more adequately reflects where Elemental is headed in the future.
Summary of Alpha R2 features:
- 12 fully-animated monsters and creatures, including the retextured playable half-tiger
- Brand new user interface, experience system, and monster AI
- 20 techniques from the 8 different trees for the half-tiger to level up
- Ability to enslave and free 'spirits' that aid the half-tiger in battle
- Over 40 item types generated from a completely rewritten Item System supporting 100+ all-new modifiers (many with unique visual effects) for endless variety in drops
- Maps containing the explorable Roman Colosseum, the underground Catacombs, and the new Catacomb Caves area
- Completely new Elemental music and sound
Elemental requires the full version of Dungeon Siege to play.