"With an exclusive split-screen co-op mode and brand new single- and multi-player levels, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 is ready to dominate the PlayStation 2; the first console version in the Rainbow Six franchise remains one of the all-time top-ten action sellers for the original PlayStation, and we expect a repeat performance," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "Ubisoft Shanghai has once again proven their prowess developing for the PlayStation 2, combining unbelievable graphics with thrilling and realistic single- and multiplayer gameplay, intelligent AI, and an amazing real-time voice-command system. Simply put, they've delivered the best counter-terrorist gaming experience on the market."
About Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 for PlayStation 2
Command an elite, multinational squad of special operatives against a hidden terrorist foe. In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3, the third installment in the wildly popular Rainbow Six series, Team RAINBOW races against time to stop terror and unravel a mystery. In locations around the world, from Venezuela and the Dutch Caribbean to Croatia, Italy and the United States, lead Team Rainbow in a desperate effort to prevent a war between Saudi Arabia and the United States.
- Immersive storyline with spectacular events that directly affect gameplay
- Groundbreaking Voice Command technology: instantly issue orders to your squad, like "Open and Frag" and "Breach and Clear," and hear them respond through the headset
- Amazing online multiplayer gameplay with 3 adversarial modes for up to 6 players
- Exclusive new split-screen mode for offline 2-player collaboration
- Exclusive new mission and multiplayer maps
- Squad-based, action-oriented gameplay keeps the excitement flowing - lead an international team of 4 elite operatives, each with their own look and personality
- Movie-quality cinematics enhance the immersion in the world of Team RAINBOW
- Incredible graphics and lighting effects
- Trademark Tom Clancy realism
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 is scheduled to ship for the PlayStation 2 on March 23, 2004. It carries an "M" (Mature) rating from the ESRB with a suggested retail price of $49.99.
More articles about Rainbow Six 3