Besieger is story-based and involves a series of quests that determine the game’s eventual outcome. As well as the bloody battles, each player must create an economy to allow them to construct or upgrade 40 types of buildings and more than 50 different units for battle. They will also ‘create’ and train workers for fighting and other key skills. This experience and fighting efficiency carries over as each level is conquered.
The game is developed by Primal Software, Moscow and it will ship in spring 2004. It will also ship with a map editor and script-language support. A game trailer, screenshots and basic game information can be found at http://www.besieger.com.
Real Time Feudal Rivalry:
Long ago, Vikings and Cimmerians lived a peaceful coexistence, until Konin, once deprived of the Cimmerian leadership by his sister Mara, took advantage of her absence to start an all-encompassing war. His only aim: gain control of the two race lands and people.
- Powerful DirectX™ 9-compliant, proprietary 3D game engine using real-time terraforming and LoD (Level of Detail), allowing the game to provide zoom-in or zoom-out views, without any fog.
- Epic battles involving hundreds of single opponents.
- Cinematographic and entirely free camera with convenient control modes, to allowing for first-person battles.
- 3D RTS with Castle-building/siege theme
- 12 huge levels with photorealistic landscapes
- Innovative economics: buildings are valuable and people populate naturally from available housing
- Two races, each with its own units.
- More than 40 types of buildings and 20 kinds of units
- Weather and night/day management, changing game conditions and edges
- All-encompassing damage model. Burn -- or blow to chips -- every tree, destroy houses and more
- Cinematic camera with several convenient modes of control
- Hundreds of high-polygon models of animals, people, buildings, etc with smooth skeletal animation
- Upgrade units and buildings by capturing enemy premises to gain military and innovation edge
- Unique characters and creatures will be unveiled as you progress through the game
- Experience thrilling moments trying to break the walls of enemy citadels, while gathering strength behind the impregnable walls of your own citadel
- Resources are mostly spent on building houses and equipping/teaching local peasants how to fight
- Multiplayer games on LAN and Internet accommodating up to 16 people on one server
- Numerous multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Cooperative, Hold Artifact, King of the Hill, Free for all
- The first campaign of Besieger puts the player in the role of Barmalay, in command of the Viking tribe. Barmalay takes over command following the assassination of the former Viking leader at the hands of Karon’s evil magic. On his quest to freedom and resistance to the oppressor, Barmalay crosses paths with Korin, a peaceful Cimmerian leader in exile.
- The second campaign transports players back a few months in the past, in the role of Korin. He will be lead through the battles that have brought Korin to present day.
- The final stage of the single player campaigns will see Barmalay and Konin fight together to defeat the evil Mara.
More articles about Besieger