Rally racing is back with more action than ever in the latest installment of the award-winning series. Improved physics and car handling combined with new championships, custom rallies, new single and multiplayer gaming modes, and unique car part testing result in an intense and realistic racing experience.
"The demand for the latest installment of our Colin McRae series is unprecedented. Both the retail and gaming community are excited that a game of this quality is available at such a competitive price point," said Steven Lux, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Codemasters. "Codemasters continues to deliver the most superior and realistic racing games to our fans."
Colin McRae Rally 04 offers up more than 20 vehicles constructed in stunning detail including Mitsubishi EVO 7, Subaru Impreza and Citroen Xsara, alongside classic rally cars. An advanced visual engine creates dramatic replays in jaw-dropping detail.
Additional game features include:
- 48 tracks and 4 shakedown stages through 8 countries including the U.S., UK, Australia and Japan.
- Player can compete in a full rally season or specialize in a 4 or 2 wheel drive championship.
- New Expert Championship Mode demands the best performance from the most die-hard rally fan with its tough damage settings and ultra-competitive AI drivers.
- Car part testing helps the player acquire new technology increasing the chance of success.
- Stages and Rally modes allow the player to race against the clock or go multiplayer with split screen play with up to four players. Saved runs can be seen on the stage as a ghost car.
- Create a Custom Rally with favorite or themed stages that can be compiled, saved and played at any time.
- Players can compete for best stage times and upload their times online using Xbox Live.
For all the latest screens and movies and to join petrol-heads on the game's forums, visit the website at www.codemasters.com/colinmcrae04