Spartan is the third in a series of empire-building strategy games that includes the best-selling Legion and Chariots of War.
Spartan contains many improvements and enhancements over the previous two games and features:
- Over 100 historically researched nations, each with a varying number of settlements and cities
- Hundreds of buildings and city improvements, utilising nine different resources such as gold, marble, copper and grain
- Heroic leaders to inspire soldiers and lead armies in the field.
- Philosophers and scientists able to research dozens of different technologies.
- Over 40 different troop types across 10 ethnic and cultural groups
- The option to fight interactive battles on a 3D map.
- Cities that can be besieged to weaken them before an assault and catapults that hurl Greek Fire at the armies as they attack
- A fully rendered and authentically accurate campaign map of ancient Greece around 400BC
- A new multiplayer option which incorporates an unique AAM (always active multiplayer) feature for two players over LAN or GameSpy®
- Spies and diplomats that can broker trade deals, non-aggression pacts, alliances and undertake covert operations.
- Naval movement, battles and amphibious invasions.
- Roman, Persian or Barbarian invaders.
- A reactive stock market that allows players to trade resources.
More articles about Spartan