Etheria is home to many orders of Knighthood, but the 5 most powerful orders rule the lands of Agaria. The Sirian, Bartonian, Elenian, Gildine and Theiran Knights may constantly be at war with each other, but the armies they lead into battle and the methods with which they wage war are all very similar, consisting of huge masses of armored knights who love nothing more than to crash into enemy lines.
Time and again, the Knights (particularly the Sirians) have turned back the tide of Lord Bane's Undead as they have swept down from the frozen north.
In Warlords Battlecry III, the Knights are a race of humans particularly reliant on their cavalry. They do not possess a lot of inherent magic, apart from their general, the Inquisitor, who is able to summon Dancing Swords and heal his troops.
The Knights have three different types of Cavalry: Knights, Knight Champions and Knight Lords. Each of these is progressively more expensive and progressively tougher than the last. Knight Lords, the ones in the gold armor, add +2 to the Knight's morale for each one that is on the field of battle. Fortunately for the evil sides, it is difficult to get more than a few of these awesome warriors onto the field at the same time.
Almost all of the Knights' upgrades affect their cavalry in one way or another – but many of the upgrades are very expensive. Once a player has purchased them all (a goal that usually takes a long time), his host of Knights will be almost unstoppable.
- Persistent Heroes
- Sixteen different races, twenty-eight different classes.
- To accompany your HERO in to battle.
- Full map editor
- Random Maps, skirmish Mode.
- New Spells and Magic Items
- More than one hundred and thirty spells over thirteen different spheres of magic. New Magic Items many of them special & rare, some even able to cast spells.
- Five New Races
- Plaguelords, Saurians, Swarm. The old Human side will be split into Knights & Empire. This will include new units and new buildings.
- New Hero Development System
- All of your old favorites plus eight new classes combine together in a new hero system that is easier to learn but harder to master than before. Take heroes beyond level 50. Gain levels while actually playing the game.
- New Terrain
- Rock & Lava terrain, along with Jungle, Ruins and subterranean caverns.
- New Soundtrack
- High quality soundtrack featuring thematic music, all at CD-Audio quality.
- Lots of New Dragons
- Players will be able to produce six different coloured dragons all with unique abilities and breath weapons.
- New Buildings
- Many different shops will allow players to purchase items & troops to aid them in battle. The variety of different Lairs will produce neutral units that will roam the map seeking out trouble.
More articles about Warlords Battlecry III