Akella has become famous for its marine games based on cutting edge 3D sea technology. Our company now offers a new level of realism and graphics in the upcoming simulator PT Boats: Knights of the Sea. Start your career in a mosquito fleet of the Allied Forces, Russia or Germany and take part in bloody World War II battles.
Take command of a boat and control each member of the crew. Shoot down aircraft using machineguns and anti-aircraft guns, torpedo hostile destroyers and supply ships, "entertain" uninvited guests with cannon fire, plan group attacks – essentially, do whatever you like. Any operation can be entrusted to the AI or handled on your own.
PT Boats: Knights of the Sea is powered by an improved version of the STORM 2 used in the award wining Pirates of the Caribbean. The STORM 2.5 engine enables the creation of unique special effects like ocean waves from explosions, tracing the tracks of various types of boats, illustrating the boats gliding, realistic collision damage, damage from assorted types of ammunition and so much more! Our close cooperation with 1?/Maddox Games, the leading flight simulator developers and renowned for IL-2 Sturmovik, allowed us to create historically accurate and detailed aircraft models.
- Never before seen 3D water quality
- Historically accurate WWII war-machines
- New level of realism for ship physics
- Choose single missions or build a career as an officer in campaigns through the entire war
- Control different crewmen on your boat - from the gunner to the commander
- Realistic ship damage
- Highly detail 3D landscapes
- Control Allied, German or Russian boats - everything can be under you command!
- Up to 16 players in multiplayer game
The official PT Boats: Knights of the Sea website contains in-depth information on Mosquito-fleet, which will be updated weekly. The forum section gives an opportunity to all the naval combat simulation fans to take part in creating PT Boats by interacting with the development team, asking questions, and giving suggestions and corrections.
The game is scheduled for a Q4 2004 release.