This patch is for the English version released by Just Play. All other versions will come with this patch already applied.
- The radar map in battles can be toggled on/off with the TAB key
- BACKSPACE and DELETE keys now cancel the movement path of a selected army at the campaign level
- A mercenary barracks has been added to the build tree - available at Silver Tech 2. It allows you to recruit Mercenary Hoplites who are similar to normal Hoplites, but are cheaper to recruit and very expensive to maintain. Mercenaries are also better trained - i.e. have better combat stats but with lower morale to reflect the lack of loyalty to your cause.
- When you gain a tech level, any research points that spill over are add to the research into the next technology level.
- Difficulty levels have been adjusted to make them more slightly easier on the lower levels as many players were finding Spartan too hard.
- Some players with colour blindness were having problems telling the difference between the morale indicators in battle. The icons are not very big so we did not have many options, but we have tried to differentiate the symbols with shape as much as colour to assist any colour blind players.
- A crash on below min spec machines has been fixed relating to smoke from sieges & castle walls. It was related to the machines not supporting the Pentium Pro instruction, but we have found a work around.
- AI bug where AI would sometimes forget about its armies has been fixed. These armies would freeze and never move again on the campaign map.
- AI bug where the AI would sometimes constantly change its mind about who to attack has been fixed.
- A city in Orestis that had a lumber mill but no wood resources has been given wood level 3.
More articles about Spartan