Highlighting the campaign is a collaboration with Geffen Records, and the creation of an adrenaline-pumping music video for COLD's "With My Mind," the song written specifically for Psi-Ops. As part of the game's strategic rollout to maximize its impact, COLD's music video initially debuted online where the core Psi-Ops audience spends the majority of their time.
"While important, traditional marketing vehicles such as print advertising are no longer sufficient in creating consumer excitement or in establishing competitive product separation within the genre," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "Midway continues to provide its consumers with a complete entertainment experience and is committed to finding great partners such as Geffen Records in which to do so."
"Entering a promotional relationship with Midway is a perfect fit for COLD. With the gaming industry's mass market appeal, we are extremely excited to be working with Psi-Ops to promote 'With My Mind.' It's a strong product and we are looking forward to the launch in June," said Jenn Littleton, Marketing Director, Geffen Records.
Midway's official Psi-Ops Web site located at www.psiopsgame.com is expected to go live next week and to host COLD's music video, and provide fans with the latest game information and assets. Additionally, Psi-Ops and COLD fans alike can catch the hot, hard-rock band during their 30-stop tour, which kicked off on April 8.
Psi-Ops marketing highlights include:
- Original music track by COLD created specifically for the game;
- Heavily promoted, exclusive music video co-created by Midway and Geffen Records;
- Aggressive online videogame advertising and promotional campaign scheduled with leading video game enthusiast sites, including Gamespot.com, IGN.com, UGO.com, and Gamespy.com, among others;
- Targeted print advertising campaign across multiple major video game and consumer publications;
- National television advertising campaign, scheduled for multiple mainstream broadcast and cable networks;
- Dedicated web presence at www.psiopsgame.com and www.press.midway.com.
- Playable demo and magazine sponsorship scheduled on Official Playstation Magazine June 2004 issue.
Playable demo and magazine sponsorship scheduled on Official XBOX Magazine June 2004 issue.
Developed internally at Midway, Psi-Ops is scheduled to ship in June for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. For additional information visit www.psiopsgame.com.